Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YES, IT WAS A FUN YEAR!
Taking away the inevitable heart-break, 87, 98, 09 and even 75 rank very highly for me. For some reason 17 isn't in my top 5, can't put my finger on why. 

Grants return after the Les Steckle debacle would rank highly for me too. 

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Possibly the best play I ever witnessed...

I sure hope Greg Lewis has a huge framed picture of himself catching that TD. It was the biggest and best moment of his career needless to say....and it was a hell of a catch no doubt.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@ThunderGod said:
I used to hate Favre but after he played for us I realized it was the media slobbering all over him that I hated.  He would have been a great teammate to play on the same team with.
Farve was a throw back. The Johnny Unitas days type tuff guy. He really liked getting hit I think. He was a football player who happened to play QB. You least never seen much crying and flailing the arm for a flag because he got hit. I always respected him as a honorable antagonist. Then loved this year with us. 
I dont think the Favre we got in 09 was the same guy that played forever in greenbay.  He matured a lot and became the guy we saw.  From all the stories I heard he was basically a frat boy jerk in his earlier years with some very questionable habits off the field and in the lockerroom .  After the dick pick thing in NY I think he might have gotten A wakeup call from reality and that really made him realize the opportunity he had.
That sounds like a throw back guy to me. Womanizing frat boy jerk. My point was his toughness and how he befriended defensive guys and acted towards the game on the field. Nobody at least not me said he was a perfect southern gentleman. I think he knew what he had here. I think Green Bay did too. That's why they made sure NY couldn't turn around and trade him back in the division. Which really meant us. Then he got his wish a year later when we "begged" him to come to where he really wanted to be. He used us to get at GB and we got one great year. It nearly worked.
I just wish Favre played his entire career here, not there. Great move by GB to acquire him in hindsight. 

He'd be mentioned in the same breath as Tark...

I think Favre was pretty much the quintessential football
player.  He was tough, gritty, had moxie
and charisma and confidence, was a true leader, everyone always knew they were
in the game at all time.  That said I don’t
think he’s necessarily a great QB, just because of the turnovers that come with
being a gunslinger, but he was a great moment maker.  

Quote: @medaille said:
I think Favre was pretty much the quintessential football
player.  He was tough, gritty, had moxie
and charisma and confidence, was a true leader, everyone always knew they were
in the game at all time.  That said I don’t
think he’s necessarily a great QB, just because of the turnovers that come with
being a gunslinger, but he was a great moment maker.  

That's a pretty good description of his career. He put the fame in the HOF. He was a rock star. Or country being where he's from. Rodgers has always been more Hollywood then rock star. 

Quote: @prairieghost said:
@Ralphie said:
Possibly the best play I ever witnessed...

I sure hope Greg Lewis has a huge framed picture of himself catching that TD. It was the biggest and best moment of his career needless to say....and it was a hell of a catch no doubt.

Yup.  It was ESPN's Play of the Year.

I think the miracle in 17 was thee biggest play in team history. It wasn't followed up on that took something off it. The Farve play and that season had a different feel then the 17 season. To me at least. After that play to beat the 49ers I started thinking, we got something special here. It built right up from there to the BS Bountygate loss. 2017 was a slower build season. I didn't buy into it till 5 or 6 games into the win streak. Even then it was, this can't last. Then getting the bye week I thought ok we got position. Then the miracle happened after I thought it was another blown opportunity being up 17-0 at the half. I had more belief in the 09 team in the NFCC game then the 17 game. The 17 game did have more, maybe it's destiny finally feel. Anyhow ended the same. It was just over by half time in 17.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I think the miracle in 17 was thee biggest play in team history. It wasn't followed up on that took something off it. The Farve play and that season had a different feel then the 17 season. To me at least. After that play to beat the 49ers I started thinking, we got something special here. It built right up from there to the BS Bountygate loss. 2017 was a slower build season. I didn't buy into it till 5 or 6 games into the win streak. Even then it was, this can't last. Then getting the bye week I thought ok we got position. Then the miracle happened after I thought it was another blown opportunity being up 17-0 at the half. I had more belief in the 09 team in the NFCC game then the 17 game. The 17 game did have more, maybe it's destiny finally feel. Anyhow ended the same. It was just over by half time in 17.
Agreed the minneapolis miracle is top 2 for sure...Kramer to Rashad is a biggie too. 

On the flip-side is Staubach's hail mary.