Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YES, IT WAS A FUN YEAR!

Possibly the best play I ever witnessed...

I don't know.  The Minnesota Miracle and this one rank just a little higher due to what was on the line.  They were all exciting times and totally unexpected.

Quote: @Ralphie said:
Possibly the best play I ever witnessed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV5usfzPkWM
The best thing about that play was the look on Farve's face when he picked himself up. It was like. Did that really just work? Tell me that worked? Yes that worked!!!

I used to hate Favre but after he played for us I realized it was the media slobbering all over him that I hated.  He would have been a great teammate to play on the same team with.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I used to hate Favre but after he played for us I realized it was the media slobbering all over him that I hated.  He would have been a great teammate to play on the same team with.
Farve was a throw back. The Johnny Unitas days type tuff guy. He really liked getting hit I think. He was a football player who happened to play QB. You least never seen much crying and flailing the arm for a flag because he got hit. I always respected him as a honorable antagonist. Then loved this year with us. 

I love the video ThunderGod posted...when he slaps Jared on the ass! 
And TG, you are correct regarding the magnitude of the outcome of the Keenum to Diggs pass.  But I was hoping for at least a sidelines play for a FG attempt.  The play against the 40Whiners, I thought had no chance in heck of even completing let alone a TD.  Both are etched in my memory banks.

IMO, 1987 and 2009 were the best seasons of the past 40 years. Again, just my opinion.

Actually WINNING back-to-back playoff games, on the ROAD against 12-4 teams is a great ACCOMPLISHMENT. No woulda-coulda-shoulda necessary for the 1987 squad. They EXCEEDED expectations. Anthony Carter certainly showed up. I struggle to name another Vikings "great" that actually performed "great" in a playoff game. 

Favre in 2009 was great. ALMOST made me believe since becoming a devout "SHOW ME" fan after the 1998 NFCC game choke job. Silly me.

The 1987 team is still my personal favorite. OVER ACHIEVERS and the last Vikings team to win at LEAST 2 playoff games in a single postseason.

P.S. Schpielman has taken 12 YEARS to equal what Burnsie and Wade accomplished in 2 WEEKS! Yikes!!

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@ThunderGod said:
Farve was a throw back. The Johnny Unitas days type tuff guy. He really liked getting hit I think. He was a football player who happened to play QB. You least never seen much crying and flailing the arm for a flag because he got hit. I always respected him as a honorable antagonist. Then loved this year with us. 
I dont think the Favre we got in 09 was the same guy that played forever in greenbay.  He matured a lot and became the guy we saw.  From all the stories I heard he was basically a frat boy jerk in his earlier years with some very questionable habits off the field and in the lockerroom .  After the dick pick thing in NY I think he might have gotten A wakeup call from reality and that really made him realize the opportunity he had.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
@ThunderGod said:
I dont think the Favre we got in 09 was the same guy that played forever in greenbay.  He matured a lot and became the guy we saw.  From all the stories I heard he was basically a frat boy jerk in his earlier years with some very questionable habits off the field and in the lockerroom .  After the dick pick thing in NY I think he might have gotten A wakeup call from reality and that really made him realize the opportunity he had.
That sounds like a throw back guy to me. Womanizing frat boy jerk. My point was his toughness and how he befriended defensive guys and acted towards the game on the field. Nobody at least not me said he was a perfect southern gentleman. I think he knew what he had here. I think Green Bay did too. That's why they made sure NY couldn't turn around and trade him back in the division. Which really meant us. Then he got his wish a year later when we "begged" him to come to where he really wanted to be. He used us to get at GB and we got one great year. It nearly worked.