Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Couple of TV watching recommendations
I couple I found binge worthy on Netflix that I'd recommend are the Last Kingdom and Daredevil.  The Last Kingdom is like another twist on the Viking era when they raided England.  It's very well done and was a BBC show until Netflix took it over in season three.  It's based on a series of books, I guess.

Daredevil has three seasons but has been cancelled now.  It's very well done with plenty of action, if you're into the Marvel characters.

[Image: the-last-kingdom-netflix-bbc-serie-medie...00x361.jpg]

[Image: d0afd665edaed84059549087cc17afde.jpg]

Quote: @Ralphie said:
@greediron said:d
We have been watching Inspector Lewis (PBS series) on Amazon.  The english murder series always seem to be about girls gone missing for obvious reasons, but they are very well done.  Some of the humor is top notch and the who done it is never obvious.  Good character development.
Watching Lewis now.  Thanks!
what do you think?  We are in season 3 and it doesn't have the usual plot holes that so many of these murder mysteries have.

Quote: @greediron said:
@Ralphie said:
We have been watching Inspector Lewis (PBS series) on Amazon.  The english murder series always seem to be about girls gone missing for obvious reasons, but they are very well done.  Some of the humor is top notch and the who done it is never obvious.  Good character development.
what do you think?  We are in season 3 and it doesn't have the usual plot holes that so many of these murder mysteries have.

Reminds me and the misses of Midsomer Mysteries and Vera and we like it so far.  We've watched all the seasons of those two.  I heard the next season of Vera is available so we'll check it out.

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
I actually really liked Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime.  I didn't know if I'd be able to not see it as Krasinski's "Jim Halpert trying to be an agent," but he did a good job.
I haven't had a chance to watch Killing Eve yet.  I have heard a couple of other people saying it's a worthy watch.
Like Jack Ryan as well.
Have you seen the Jack Ryan Office mashups?

Quote: @HappyViking said:
I couple I found binge worthy on Netflix that I'd recommend are the Last Kingdom and Daredevil.  The Last Kingdom is like another twist on the Viking era when they raided England.  It's very well done and was a BBC show until Netflix took it over in season three.  It's based on a series of books, I guess.

Daredevil has three seasons but has been cancelled now.  It's very well done with plenty of action, if you're into the Marvel characters.

I watched The Last Kingdom last year and it's good, but the lead character is not how I pictured Lord Uthred as I've read all the books.

@greediron said:
@Ralphie said:

Reminds me and the misses of Midsomer Mysteries and Vera and we like it so far.  We've watched all the seasons of those two.  I heard the next season of Vera is available so we'll check it out.
Haven't seen Vera.  We tried the Midsomer series, but it was a bit bizarre at times.  English TV seems infatuated with some weird sexual shit at times, incest and all that.

@HappyViking said:

I watched The Last Kingdom last year and it's good, but the lead character is not how I pictured Lord Uthred as I've read all the books.
I haven't read any of the books, but this series has me quite interested in starting them.  You must like the stories, huh?

Now we're talking my tastes. Historic periods or Sci Fi. I'll check into both.

@Ralphie said:
@HappyViking said:

I haven't read any of the books, but this series has me quite interested in starting them.  You must like the stories, huh?

@Ralphie said:
@HappyViking said:

Books are awesome.  From his abduction as a child through the battle for Bebbanburg as an old chieftan and all the personalities along the way...including Alfred and the sons of Ragnar.  Excellent detail as only Cornwell can tell!

[Image: 9780008159658.jpg]