Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Didn't You Used To Be A Devastating TE?
The Green Bay Press-Gazette believes the Packers could release Jimmy Graham this offseason.
Graham signed a three-year, $30 million deal last offseason. He disappointed his first year in Green Bay, scoring just two touchdowns despite playing all 16 games. Releasing Graham would save $5.3 million.

I don't know if he's just past his prime or got caught-up in the shit-show that was GB in 2018???

this guy is a bum.  Was a major flop in Seattle, now GB.  Hope they keep is overrated overpriced ass

He went from being a WR like TE who could line up anywhere in New Orleans to Seattle, where they didn't have anything like that for a TE in their playbook. The Seahawks ideal plan was to shake up their own playbook with his addition. But ideals vs. reality are two different things; he was asked to be a completely different player for the Seahawks. He played under Bevell, an Offensive Coordinator we know well. There used to be a lot of chatter/rebuttal on Rudolph's role here - that he was making up for his lackluster receiving numbers because he was constantly asked to line up next to the Tackle and that he blocked well. It just wasn't very long before they gave up trying to mimic how the Saints utilized him and used him their own way (more within their system).

I think the years in Seattle completely changed the type of player Graham is. He can still be a standout WR/TE hybrid guy at times, but I think most of it is buried under the physical toll of being a more classic TE.

Meh whatever 

Father Time.  At 32 and playing in a system that doesn't use a TE as a primary weapon is the end of the road. 

He had it great in the Big Sleazy but ego got the best of him. He wanted WR money and got it. He won't get WR stats anymore.