Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Get ready -- The Young Brainiac vs The Old, Wiley Coach hype
Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@njvike said:
I am loathe to root for a California team, but my deep-rooted hatred of Boston based teams trumps my disgust of the Left Coast Commies. 

If a cancellation isn't possible, I guess I hope the Rams win. But I truly don't give a shit. This will be the first SB I will NOT watch. My wife will be thrilled, shocked and amazed.....just like our first time doing the hibbedy-dibbedy!
Hibbedy-dibbedy??? Now I've heard it all. Too much maybe...lol.
Lol! Sorry. Just watched Big Daddy last night or night before and that old slang term just made me chuckle and was on the brain.

Patriots are without doubt the greatest salary cap dynasty ever.  It simply amazes me how they keep churning out winning teams.  The only steadies are Kraft, Belichick & Brady...simply amazing.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Viking1987 said:
im going to maybe watch  not with great intrest. i think patriots win .of all the patriot hate the thing i find amazing is in 30 to 40 years  when  alot of us are dead  people will be awstruck  by the  patriots dynasty and wish they would have seen it  
It is amazing what they've done

60's The Packers
70's The Steelers
80's The 49'ers
90's The Cowboys
2000's maybe The Greatest Show on Turf?

Then you'd have to say The Patriots after that?

And I'd have to say they've eclipsed all the dynasties before them...Greatest ever and winning this year would just add to the mystique. 

The greatest show on turf has one Super Bowl win, let alone a yard away from losing.  sure they had another SB appearance but lost to the beginning of an actual dynasty, the Patriots.

The Pats run has been insanse, and no doubt the most dominate in any sport in the modern era.  Fortunately they play in the AFC so every two years they become my second favorite team as I hate most of the NFC teams, would never root for a NFC team in the Super Bowl.

I believe the Pats win this one and it’s their last, finishing where they started, versus the Rams in a domed Super Bowl.  Brady has 6 rings, the closest team to perfection with my favorite all time player (Randy) and the greatest comeback in NFL history (28-3).

If someone forced me to put $10,000 of my own money on a bet, I'd take Belichick every time. Every time. He's like a blue chip stock that just keeps performing over the short and long term. 

1. Patriots Hope to Keep the Rams from Starting a Revolution
      Rams head coach Sean McVay was a high school quarterback in Georgia who had just turned 16 when the Patriots beat the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI and began their dynasty.Rams quarterback Jared Goff was seven years old.
      The Rams played in St. Louis, not Los Angeles.
      Your television was low-def. Your cellphone probably flipped.
      Jeff Fisher was well-regarded. It was that long ago.
      A number of the Rams players the Patriots beat on that fateful day in 2002 are now in the Hall of Fame, including Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk and Orlando Pace. The Rams slowly faded, wandered in the wilderness for years, relocated halfway across the country and finally rebuilt with kids too young to remember the Greatest Show on Turf and a coach who was too young to drive during the Warner-Faulk heyday. 
      And who is here to meet them in Super Bowl LIII? Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, still going strong 17 years later.
      The Patriots have faced youthful challengers before, from the Seahawks a few years ago to the upstart Eagles last year. Heck, Eli Manning was young once. Some manage to win a Super Bowl. None came close to toppling a dynasty.
      These Rams are unique, though. Not because they pose any more of a threat to the Patriots than the Eagles, Seahawks or anyone else did, but because they have already been adopted as the NFL's next wave of innovators, pioneers and—if not this year, then eventually—champions.
      The joke is already stale: Everyone who ever had lunch with McVay is a hot head-coaching candidate. We can laugh at the copycat NFL's obsession with young offensive masterminds, but the McVay Movement sweeping the NFL is supposed to be about more than a fancy new offense (which is not all that new).
      McVay and his assistants/friends/look-alikes promise a new way of calling plays, installing schemes, controlling the clock, deploying personnel and managing the locker room. It's supposed to be about the complete reimagining of how NFL teams operate. 
      McVay, in short, is supposed to be the next Belichick.
      But the original Belichick is still here, still manufacturing wins like Sunday's victory over the Chiefs in the same way he and an unknown quarterback named Tom Brady beat a much more talented Rams team in February 2002.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816...ons#slide1

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
All I can think is...."Damn....how shitty a coach Jeff Fisher must have been"
I think the lesson we should all take from this is don't hire Bears defenders from the 80s as your HC.  Doesn't look good for Carolina.