Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miracle Game...
It took more than one great play to beat that Saints team last season.  If that was the only Viking scoring play, the Vikes would've lost.  Was it a Miracle ending?  Yeah, you could say that, but it also was a great play. 

Eff the Vikes only won because they got "lucky" crap.  They played hard the entire game against a very good Saints team, and came out on top.  The ending was simply nothing short of spectacular - SKOL!  B)

I agree, they absolutely DOMINATED the Saints for 75% of that game.  And having the Saints come back in the 4th quarter was well worth it in order to rip their hearts out on the final play, especially after their d-bag coach and others on the team were mocking the crowd after they took the lead.

The fact that they came back after the Saints stormed back was awesome. I do think it was a positive step to be able to respond that way. It was the longest I have stayed after a game too. No one wanted to leave. Everyone was looking around like did that really happen. You just wanted to savor it and soak it in.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
The fact that they came back after the Saints stormed back was awesome. I do think it was a positive step to be able to respond that way. It was the longest I have stayed after a game too. No one wanted to leave. Everyone was looking around like did that really happen. You just wanted to savor it and soak it in.
My son was at that game too.  When things looked so bleak with about 1:30 left in the game, he texted me.  It read: "Something big is about to happen.  I can feel it!".  I shook my head and smiled at my wife and told her Gabe's probably had too many beers at the game.  =)

He was so right!

It was a great game.  Loved most every minute (excepting maybe a minute or 2 when the Saints took the lead and when we missed another FG).
And it is odd for Viking fans to dismiss it as "luck" after every previous "luck" in our history was bad.  Yeah, it wasn't a blowout, but damn why dismiss one of the greatest wins we have ever experienced.

Note:Every other fan base thinks that we are the luckiest team. When they beat us on miracle plays or blown ref calls they do not consider it luck. Case in point; the 2009 NFC Championship, when the 3 terribly blown calls in OT are mentioned, with two of them going to review and being ruled incorrectly, the Saints fans revert to our 4 lost fumbles in the game.
Which, in case, goes to show that not only did they need 4 fumbles but also 3 blown calls in OT to win that game. But they couldn't see that even if you draw a picture for them.

I really try hard not to discuss football with these bandwagon fans that cannot see through their colored glasses.During the season if you ever want to embarrass them just ask them who they play next week.

What happened the following week has tainted the miracle win over New Orleans for me.  I know it shouldn’t, but I feel like it was just another set-up for another huge letdown so it has lost most of its luster.  They took that opportunity and pitched it away, getting absolutely blown out by Philadelphia.

sigh.

Our defense was absolutely exposed in the second half. Coaching damn near failed us in that game. Since that game we have been outcoached in an alarmingly amount of games.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
What happened the following week has tainted the miracle win over New Orleans for me.  I know it shouldn’t, but I feel like it was just another set-up for another huge letdown so it has lost most of its luster.  They took that opportunity and pitched it away, getting absolutely blown out by Philadelphia.

sigh.
The following week was another huge letdown that we have become accustomed to. 

But for me, I will always cherish the Miracle.  From dominating that game early, to hanging on as Brees heated up.  The impending doom as Forbath missed a FG and the Saints took the lead. But as I sat there watching the offense take the field with precious seconds left, I had my eternal optimism in full gear.  Something could happen.  It never does, but it just could one time.  Then the play before ended badly and hope was dwindling, but still a few seconds and it could still happen. 

What followed was one of the few times I have screamed over the result of a play.  Watching it happen real time, it seemed to be in slow mo, Case stepping up to avoid Jordan, Diggs elevating and catch, get out of bounds, NO, just run.  Yeah.  Still get chills watching it.  Oh yeah, it was the Saints and watching Brees watch in disbelief. 

Call it luck, call it a miracle.  I call it the greatest moment ever for this Viking family.