Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stefanski news
MIke Mularkey to Atlanta as TE Coach

Quote: @FessVike said:
Vikings are going to get left holding the bag, I think. Maybe there is something to not wanting to work under Zimmer.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@FessVike said:
Vikings are going to get left holding the bag, I think. Maybe there is something to not wanting to work under Zimmer.
or work w/ Cousins perhaps...?  :/

Or all the Media stuff about Mularkey was made up as a way to get hits on their stories

Quote: @FessVike said:
Or all the Media stuff about Mularkey was made up as a way to get hits on their stories
So you were saying it was just a bunch of Mularkey? 

or intentionally leaked to bolster his desirability.

Obviously if he took the job as TE coach already, he wasn't in the serious running for any of the OC jobs.

Quote: @greediron said:
@TBro said:
@Bullazin said:
I have a strong idea they are hiring Kitchens and will offer Stefanski a big raise to be OC, asst head coach
What does that say about the situation here if he would rather go to the Browns as an OC? I agree with you that for stability it makes sense for the Browns to hire Kitchens and let Stefanski be the #2 but according to the article below, he is still considered a finalist for the HC position with Kitchens. I guess he would rather have some stability in Cleveland where he knows he will have a few years to prove himself vs. a Lame Duck Coach and Front Office that likely won't do enough in 2019 to keep their jobs and earn a contract extension. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/08/report-kevin-stefanski-having-another-interview-with-browns/
You honestly think that the team will tank and Zimmer will be done after next year?  I expect much better than that. 
greed, I really believe if the Wilfs were convinced that Zimmer and Spielman are their guys, they would not let them play out the final year of their contracts without an extension. Maybe they will still get one this offseason or during the regular season if things are going well, but Florio was discussing this on PA's show today and brought up the same issue. It will definitely make it harder on both of them to attract top coaches and free agents with the uncertainty after this year if those coaches and free agents have other options with more stability after this season. 

Anyone else have this feeling that Minnesota takes another step back in 2019? 
No.

Anyone else have this feeling that Minnesota takes another step back in 2019? 
Nope. Why not? 13-3 a year ago. Added the 2 biggest names in FA, one for each side of the ball. Drafted 2 Starters. Played like shit.

Janitor or someone else is always posting that 2 years of the exact same is an anomaly  in the NFL that only the ultimate Elite Franchises and the Worst of the Worst ever deviate from.

From a pure gambling perspective I'd almost hate to bet the under on 10-6 next year unless there's massive coaching or player exodus.

Seriously.  Logic dictates that unless you're the Patriots or Browns there's no logical way to predict next year. Shit. Now even the Browns have escaped that destiny. In another yards or two Brady will retire and then every single team will be on the roller coaster every year.

I kind of hate and yet can't look away.

Didn't Zimmer say they'd have a new OC by end of today sometime?
Yes. Yes he did.

That was just the first salvo of the inevitable lengthy artilerry barrage of bullshit that will be fired by General Richard "playoff wins are overated" Schpielman and Colonel "scoring a lot of points ain't my cuppa tea" Zimwit.

And in their incredibly unfounded ARROGANCE, they just EXPECT Vikings fans to jump in a foxhole and grin and bear it. Sadly, most WILL. It is truly amazing how some fans miscontrue blind allegiance with loyalty. Funny, in a way, but pathetic.

Don't care who these fuckers hire as OC. Don't give two shits about who they draft or sign to join the human swinging door known as the Vikings OFFENSIVE line (emphasis on offensive), don't care who the next scapegoat, er, sorry, I meant kicker will be. Extend, restructure or terminate contracts? Don't give a fuck.

JUST WIN PLAYOFF GAMES. Simple. 

For a guy who's motto is "Don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby", he sure whines a lot (and has his daughter defend him, too, LOL!)

5 years and 1 miracle home playoff win is not an acceptable return after such a long gestation period, Mikey. It's an after-birth.

The General? Well, when you've been in charge of scouting and personnel for 13 seasons, and your team has had more HOME STADIUMS than PLAYOFF WINS, ummm, that is beyond fucking unacceptable. 

I'm looking forward to the replies from the Midwest Middle School gang. I hope they TRY to dispute the facts I've stated summarizing the Dynamic Dimwits'  careers with the Vikings, but I'm sure it will be more "fuck you" and "YOUR an asshole" (that's verbatim, courtesy of a Tallahassee college "degree"!)

We'll all know the results of the 2019 season in about 12 months. My prediction mirrors my prediction for the 2018 season....between 8-8 and 10-6, possible wild card, but a patented Schpielman Special, ANOTHER playoff winless season. It's happened 11 out of 13 seasons, there is no logical reason to believe season 14 will be any different.

Enjoy the playoffs, folks! I'm pulling for the Chargers, Chiefs and Colts. Fuck the NFC contingent this year.

Quote: @greediron said:
@FessVike said:
So you were saying it was just a bunch of Mularkey? 

or intentionally leaked to bolster his desirability.

Obviously if he took the job as TE coach already, he wasn't in the serious running for any of the OC jobs.
Actually, that's not true.  Coach Mularkey has a house in (near) Atlanta; and I can tell you that his family is VERY important to him.  He has never been the kind of guy who lusted after power or wealth.  He loved coaching.  After what he's been through, maybe he just wants to be able to coach near home and spend more time with his beautiful wife.

By the way, let me add this: a LONG time ago... while he was still just an assistant coach... he was offered the HC position for a team in the AFC North.  But the owner refused to let him hire his own staff.  So, rather than take the job- just to haver a job- he passed.  So, even though he didn't know if he'd ever get another chance to be a HC, he refused to go to a situation that he didn't think was right for him.  

And not that long ago, he had the chance to be an assistant coach for a team in the NFC East.  He was not coaching at the time and did want to get back into coaching.  But- again- there were things with that team that he didn't believe would be a good fit for him.  So he passed.

Not everyone is Bobby Petrino.