Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More on McCarthy
Quote: @Ralphie said:
@StickyBun said:r
JMO, but I think the guy is a pretty good coach.
I agree. Puker fans threw him under the bus here constantly for his clock management, inability to develop a running game and mediocre bench depth. 

But game day he never seemed ill prepared and certainly A-A-Ron owes his Ford F-150 to this guy.

Other NFL teams must agree as he's getting a bunch of interest. Cardinals were going to offer him full authority.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/CBS58/status/1079582...33570?s=19
Maybe he is waiting for the Vikings job to open up after 2019.  :p

Lot worse places to end-up than Zona...He's a fool not taking that one imo, especially if he was given run of the entire operation... 

Quote: @JoDakota said:
Guy was a HC for what 13 years? Each year he had a HOF QB (Farve) and a future HOF QB Rodgers....and he won one superbowl. His game management stinks. He too "awe shucks" back woods hick type all the time. He failed with HOF QB, he will fail miserably without one. The only coach that has had more years with a HOF Qb than McFatty is Belicheat, how many rings does he have????? A hell of a lot more than McFatty.
I'd argue that Sean Payton has done less with his HOF QB than McCarthy has (same number of years, same number of SB wins, less playoff success)

Quote: @TBro said:
Maybe he is waiting for the Vikings job to open up after 2019.  :p
He's got to coach the Jets for one season first though.

Quote: @medaille said:
I'd argue that Sean Payton has done less with his HOF QB than McCarthy has (same number of years, same number of SB wins, less playoff success)
True, but Payton is still rolling along being successful with his team having home field advantage in the NFC......and McCarthy has been playing golf for weeks already. It's pretty easy to see New Orleans in the Super Bowl this season, and that would be one more super bowl appearance than Rodgers and McCarthy.