Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who didn't enjoy that KC vs Seahawk game??
I give Reid a lot of credit for changing with the times and for that organization drafting Mahomes.

Russell? Well, Wilson is just one of the best out there today - period. 

I think Russell Wilson is amazing. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I give Reid a lot of credit for changing with the times and for that organization drafting Mahomes.

But Chiefs are following Reid's pattern: fast start, weak finish. 2-3 in last 5, while Seahawks are 4-1 in same period. Hard to imagine the Chiefs losing next week to the Raiders, but they aren't roaring into the playoffs.

KC will be out first game they get. 

Hunt is an idiot that hurt his team, they have no defense and Reid is the coach. 

and
done

Quote: @Skodin said:
KC will be out first game they get. 

Hunt is an idiot that hurt his team, they have no defense and Reid is the coach. 

and
done
Agree about the D and Hunt. But if I am a Chiefs fan? I am bullish about my teams ability to compete the next many years...

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@purplefaithful said:

But Chiefs are following Reid's pattern: fast start, weak finish. 2-3 in last 5, while Seahawks are 4-1 in same period. Hard to imagine the Chiefs losing next week to the Raiders, but they aren't roaring into the playoffs.
It's not who you play but when you play them. Chiefs, Pats, Rams, Saints, Bears have all looked vulnerable the last few weeks. The teams I want no part of are the Seahawks and Eagles. After beating the Dolphins and looking great on both sides of the ball, I was hoping the Vikings would be one of those teams, too. But that 1st half offensive performance yesterday was not playoff worthy. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Jor-El said:
@purplefaithful said:

It's not who you play but when you play them. Chiefs, Pats, Rams, Saints, Bears have all looked vulnerable the last few weeks. The teams I want no part of are the Seahawks and Eagles. After beating the Dolphins and looking great on both sides of the ball, I was hoping the Vikings would be one of those teams, too. But that 1st half offensive performance yesterday was not playoff worthy. 
It's interesting to see how those 5 teams you listed have been on a roller coaster recently. The offense was horrendous in the first half and that lead to wearing out the defense which seems to be the pattern. They definitely need to sustain drives and move the chains. The OL is still putrid and Cousins is still inconsistent. Lots of weapons on both sides of the ball but that OL makes it more difficult than necessary.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Jor-El said:
@purplefaithful said:

It's interesting to see how those 5 teams you listed have been on a roller coaster recently. The offense was horrendous in the first half and that lead to wearing out the defense which seems to be the pattern. They definitely need to sustain drives and move the chains. The OL is still putrid and Cousins is still inconsistent. Lots of weapons on both sides of the ball but that OL makes it more difficult than necessary.
I really hope the narrative that I've seen around this 2018 squad is dispelled, but I remain dubious it will be:  

Poor record vs winning teams
Inconsistent, week to week performances
Unremarkable & predictable schemes and play-calling
Lifeless on the road

We'll see what happens when the dust settles and whether they make playoffs or not.

But man, with the roster this team returned from 17 to this? Lot's of explaining to do by the players and coaches - unless we have 1988 revisited about to unfold. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@Vikergirl said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Jor-El said:
@purplefaithful said:

I really hope the narrative that I've seen around this 2018 squad is dispelled, but I remain dubious it will be:  

Poor record vs winning teams
Inconsistent, week to week performances
Unremarkable & predictable schemes and play-calling
Lifeless on the road

We'll see what happens when the dust settles and whether they make playoffs or not.

But man, with the roster this team returned from 17 to this? Lot's of explaining to do by the players and coaches - unless we have 1988 revisited about to unfold. 

I would love to see that narrative dispelled but we shall see what happens. The Vikings have to handle their business at home in order to have an opportunity to handle business on the road. It has been a roller coaster from the OL to play calling to the run game and defense. 

I think part of the fall from last year is due to lack of good luck. The atrocious OL is still a factor. Cousins lack of mobility and play calling not playing to strengths is another. Of course there are some growing pains and adjustments due change in the quarterback and finding their identity. No matter who is at qb, you have to protect him, that's where a solid OL comes in. The Vikings still don't have this. I am sick and tired of the 3 and outs. 

The defense has issues with the secondary and the run game. Until those are addressed, they can be exposed. When they play so far off, they can be beat. When they play beyond the first down marker, the opponent can convert and move the chains. I understand not wanting to give up the big play but giving up so much underneath can be detrimental too. 

It's disappointing and frustrating to see how they have regressed but it is part of the process of figuring out what works and what doesn't. It's back to the drawing board for multiple areas of the team. And of course it depends on what happens at OC and with the OL as well. 

Kind of funny that with all hoopla surrounding the almost arena football like offenses earlier in the season all the talk now seems to be surrounding the ball control and defensive minded teams no one wants to play.  Baltimore, the Chargers, Seattle, Philadelphia and to some extent even the Saints with their improved defense seem to be the teams I'm hearing all about now. 

As far as the Vikes go, plain and simple, this team will never be a true success until they fix the damn OL.  The defense is plenty good to take a team deep into the playoffs but it ain't happening with this offense.  I know as fans we a completely sick of saying this over and over, year after year.  I really can't believe they haven't put more effort into fixing this perennial weak link.  Sure there's been other issues and other positions that need to be addressed but nothing can possibly be a pressing as improving the OL.