Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd half defense after the first play
minus  the opening  run in 2nd half .the dolphins ran 26 plays for a net  10 yards  and were sacked 8 times thatscrazy good  def

That is crazy good considering how hot the dolphins had been down the stretch.  I believe we will have another dominating performance next week, players will continue to get healthy, our week 17 will be flexed and like it or not but we will be on a roll with a top pass D going into the playoffs.  Stranger things have happened

Wow and to think how pissed I was at the shitty defense after they got gashed. 
I did notice how they were knocking poor Tannehill on his ass late though. I wasn't totally disappointed. I guess embarrassment is a hell of a motivator. That is a pretty impressive finish.

Gonna have to look at that run as well.  I know smith was blitzing off the other side.  I think Harris had that hole but got blocked and Waynes didn't get off his block either.  Could have just been a bad call that left the D exposed while the Dolphins blocked it up well.

I'm not concerned about the big run. Every once in a while you have the wrong D called or everyone gets blocked or someone slips or takes a bad angle.

What I like is that there were few 4+ yards runs up the gut which killed Miami's ability to use Play Action.

I heard Ben Leber break down what happened on that long run, and it makes perfect sense.  If you watch it again, you'll see Harry was on a blitz coming on the right side.  Ben stated when that happens, it's the MLB that has to fill in for the blitzer in pass protection, if it's a passing play.  That's exactly what happened.  Kendricks immediately went to the right side, and Miami called the perfect play and ran left exactly where Kendricks would've been had he not moved.

Ben stated Eric messed up by filling in the pass protection coverage "too soon".  LBers are coached to stay put, and wait for two or three counts before filling in for the blitzer on pass coverage.  Zim took the blame stating he had made a bad call, but if Kendricks didn't leave his spot so soon, that long run most likely gets snuffed out.

Leber mentioned he was sure Kendricks would be having some conversatations with his coaches about that particular play when going over the game films. 

Zimmer mentioned in his Press Conference after game that that play was on him.  He said he made a bad call, that it was a play he wanted to call all week and just called at the wrong time.

So what we got caught on a stunt---if we collapsed after that and started gripping and giving up repeated chunks I'd be concerned, but we knuckled down and made sushi the rest of the game.