Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So has Rogers tailed-off?
I wouldn't write off Rodgers at all. Their team is a complete shell of what it was. They have some good young talent that should help elevate their defense in the coming years. If they can get Rodgers some offensive weapons he'll rebound. 

He has had amazing accuracy during his career. But he hasn't been so accurate sense the collarbone  surgery on his throwing shoulder. His age has made him susceptible to injury and he will be challenged to stay healthy.
But the team around him is crap.
He may be great again, but his window is closing rapidly.
And his competition is getting better.

He will still play well at times but its not 2011 anymore. The sports media is slow to figure that out.

He has transformed into Jay Cutler. Bad attitude all the time, constantly blaming others. The looks he gives those young receivers as they return to the huddle after a failed play can really foul up a young players attitude.

The media behaved like the ONLY reason they went 7-9 last year was due to the injury and immediately stuck them back up near the top in ranking and expectations coming into this year.  Apparently the team believed it too since they didn't do much to improve.  If anything it was a decline in talent.  The truth is they were a terrible team without Rodgers.  They won a few close games against crappy teams to bolster their confidence a bit but I'm not sure they would have won too many more with him. 

A not-quite-healthy Rodgers on a talent limited team wasn't going to set the world on fire this season.  He can still float around back there and when he's allowed to can fire the ball around.  I won't count him out with months of healing and if the actually DO try harder to improve the team.

It seems that once he got paid, he’s kind of just been along for the ride...  B) B) B) [Image: fs2kunftjdc4.jpeg] 

and I dont put much of his demise this year on that knee,  he milked that injury for all its worth,  he showed on numerous occasions that it didnt limit him... until he fucked up and then he was limping and hobbling around... hes a joke,  I dont know why he is as big of a dbag as he is,  but its going to tear down his legacy if he continues to age so ungraciously. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
and I dont put much of his demise this year on that knee,  he milked that injury for all its worth,  he showed on numerous occasions that it didnt limit him... until he fucked up and then he was limping and hobbling around... hes a joke,  I dont know why he is as big of a dbag as he is,  but its going to tear down his legacy if he continues to age so ungraciously. 
I think the collarbone last year and the knee this year have affected his offseason training and his mechanics respectively.  He denies it (because he is a arrogant prick), but his form is off.  He misses easy throws this year. 

Couple that with the shitshow the team has become.  He doesn't have the trusted WRs that know how to got playground when he bails the pocket.  And the D is awful as usual.  Glad they kept the same people in charge up front.

They have some talented young defensive players, but the face....or rather hair...of the D needs to move along.  He's a one-trick pony at this point. 

I wouldn't shovel dirt on them for now but their off-season moves will tell a lot. Their pride was hurt this season so they may load up for one more run with #12.

From what little I've seen of GB this season, it appears the refs have soured on GB and
are now calling their games more fairly.  Take the roughing call on
Matthews that kept us alive at GB.  Any other season and we'd have ended the game asking for someone to explain how Kendricks drew a foul but Matthews didn't.  Instead they called both consistently. We've wanted that for decades and this season we got it.