Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Week 17 Potential Flex - How this works out for Minnesota
with the expectation that most of the favorites will take care of business week 16, meaning

Rams over Cardinals (Rams hold edge for #2) - Rams would have SF at home week 17, not easy but not hard either
Chiefa over Seahawks (Hawks slide to #6) - it wouldn’t matter what Seattle did week 17, we win 2, they lose to KC we jump them
Texans over Eagles (Eagles out) - 8 losses with no tiebreaker over us ends their season
Vikings over Lions (Take over #5 position) - 8 wins, max 7 losses with a tiebreaker over Philly
Bears over SF (Still at #3) - flexed allows them to decide to play starters or relax

Our week 17 matchup with Chicago would have the most regarding playoff implications, meaning the NfL can flex us to the Sunday Night game aka what happened in 2015.  Most would be pissed about this, but I’m not because the Bears will know if they are playing for a 1st round bye or not by the Rams week 17 victory or not.  

Chances are the Rams will win week 16 and 17, but if we are pushed to a late start the Bears most likley will have nothing to play for.  The NfL can wait until this upcoming Sunday night to decide which game would be flexed and with both teams jockeying for playoff position, one would a slight chance of being thrown out, one with a chance of winning a bye, we would be the marquee matchup.

assuming we win The next two, where would you rather play.  @ dallas or @ chicago?    then the road beyond @ the one seed or two seed     

Quote: @PapaScott said:
assuming we win The next two, where would you rather play.  @ dallas or @ chicago?    then the road beyond @ the one seed or two seed     
mehh thats a cart before the horse deal lol but id take dallas over chicago. 

I havent looked but its not a given that the cheifs beat seatle. Reids teams never execute late in the year. 

With the Eagles and Redskins winning, Minnesota needs to keep winning.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@PapaScott said:
mehh thats a cart before the horse deal lol but id take dallas over chicago. 

I havent looked but its not a given that the cheifs beat seatle. Reids teams never execute late in the year. 

true but KC has more riding on this game and 3 days of extra rest and prep versus Seattle.

Man, if we I felt we could be stout vs the running game I would feel really good about playing Dallas.

I believe XR could cancel out Cooper, they wouldn’t be able to do much offensively versus our squad.  Matchup wise our O would have a better shot on the road on turf versus Chicago.  Would love to go into Dallas in our purple and end their reason

If your above scenario played out they wouldn't FLEX the Vikings/Bears to SNF. It would go against precedence and it would potentially leave them with a game without merit based on event occurring earlier in the day. If anything they could move the game to 3:00PM to match the Bears and the Rams up so neither could sit starters. 

Titans/Colts is the favorite for SNF.