Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a bad job by Stefanski today...
We all knew they'd run the ball more, but nice balance, good rhythm at times too. 

What impressed me the most was the ability to shake off the lethargy and get the O back in sync starting late in the 3rd Q and then into the 4th.  And that kill shot on 3rd and 9 from their 40 with a 10 point lead and nearly 12 minutes, what a thing of beauty.

Blows my mind Flip couldn't figure out the magic formula with our O-line issues:  Run right at people downhill, and move the pocket around with pass protection. 

None of this gimmicky shit with screens for -4 and trying to run out of the shotgun.

He passed the test today that's for sure.  Take away the stupid pick six, and the offense was damn near flawless.  Very refreshing to see them wake up.  Nice job by Stefanski! 

Vikings ran the ball 40 times and passed it 21 times.  I would not say they was balance.
I will say that the terrible Dolphins defense is just what the doctor ordered.
Now, all of a sudden, the new OC is magically calling better plays than the old OC.  OK.
I think it is more about the line being able to block a not so good Dolphins defense more than anything else.
But that kind of thinking is contrary to the popular narrative of kicking JDF when he is down.
We shall see how this offensive line and "new balance" on offense does in week 17 when they play the Bears again and have to block Hicks and Mack.
Last time they played they got their arses whupped.
Happy for the win though.

Quote: @MarkSP18 said:
Vikings ran the ball 40 times and passed it 21 times.  I would not say they was balance.
I will say that the terrible Dolphins defense is just what the doctor ordered.
Now, all of a sudden, the new OC is magically calling better plays than the old OC.  OK.
I think it is more about the line being able to block a not so good Dolphins defense more than anything else.
But that kind of thinking is contrary to the popular narrative of kicking JDF when he is down.
We shall see how this offensive line and "new balance" on offense does in week 17 when they play the Bears again and have to block Hicks and Mack.
Last time they played they got their arses whupped.
Happy for the win though.

Don't count on the Bears game being a true test either.  With the division locked up, the Bears resting their players, I expect their won't be the fire in the Bears eyes like before.  Sure, they will play for "pride" but it won't be a true test against a winning team.

I like the play call by the new OC when it was third and I believe short and they hit Conklin for a nice game.  Caught the defense thinking we were going to run for the first down.
4:32 maerhttps://www.vikings.com/video/full-highlights-vikings-41-dolphins-17

I liked the  qb sneaks on third and short like what 3 times

It's early days yet but I do like more of the play calling and adjustments that were made. I absolutely loved the hurry up, that was smart. That makes it so there is less thinking involved and it's more automatic plus the OL doesn't have to do as much. It seemed like there was a spark and some pride. 

Zone run blocking hides some of the more painful elements of our line, and is exactly what you do with a poor O-line. Great call. Trust your playmakers, and that includes the RB's. The defense has been suffocatingly good for the last couple weeks. This team is starting to peak at just the right time. We keep this formula up, we'll be a nightmare for other teams in the playoffs.