Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer's time should be up
Quote: @96POPS said:
Get to the source....FIRE SPIELMAN!!!
I said it before and will many more times. He's the biggest common denominator when looking at the recent past. 13 years and 2 playoff wins. Come on guys. His ego is his biggest downfall. Zimmer is one of the best coaches in the NFL, bar none. I have no dog in the fight now, but he is the source and after 13 years it's time. Bye bye RS!! 
Hmmm.... This sentiment seems familiar. Where have I read this before?

Unfortunately, he's already found 1 scapegoat (his OWN hand-picked OC, lasted 9 months, LOL!), Priefer will be next and Zimmer, too, if the Vikings REALLY choke and miss the playoffs.
 Then he'll be on his 4th HC and ask fans to be patient for ANOTHER 3-4 years. It is mind-boggling that this guy is so popular with fans. I just don't understand how these RESULTS are acceptable.

Well said, Pops! Happy Holidays to you and yours. Hope Brian is enjoying his "retirement".

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
One could argue that Flip infected all of the players below. There are players like Compton and Remmers starting on lines all over the NFL. Hell, the Bears have an undrafted guy starting on their line who's on his 6th team in 5 years. But I wonder if they're maybe not playing as poorly because their OC knows how to call plays that mitigate their weaknesses. Yeah, I know, sounds like an excuse because we know Remmers and Compton are crap. But ya know what? Elflein isn't. And the fact that even HE'S playing poorly leads me to believe that it has a lot to do with Flip. 

LMAO!!! INFECTED??!! In 9 months and a grand total of 13 games? Jeez, that dude must have been one hell of a carrier, the 21st century version of Typhoid Mary. What was this incredibly virulent strain called, BTW? Blockus Incompetencia? Turnstilitis? Whiffamania? And why was it only the OL that got infected? Cousins is having his standard year (good stats, .500 record), Thielen and Diggs are similar/better than last year, Cook has played in twice as many games as last year and Treadwell is STILL able to block well, because, hey, THAT'S the trait you're looking for in a 1st round WR, right? Why wasn't HIS blocking ability compromised by the infectious DeFillipo?

This is exactly why I laugh at the whole "Minnesota Nice" thing. This guy moves his family from Philly to Minnesota and is given 9 months and 13 GAMES before he is crucified and ridiculed by fans and made the scapegoat for the performance of what is a very flawed offensive roster. Same thing with countless OC's and DC's and kickers/punters, WR's, RB's etc. But Ricky? The lone common denominator in the current 12 season run of 2 playoff wins? He's golden. I guess he gets his flu shots regularly.

Thanks for the laugh, though. Infecting an entire positional group in less than 1 season is a brand new excuse. Kudos.

These next 3 weeks will tells us more about Mikes future here.
If the O comes out and resembles an NFL team. 
Than it is not what most are saying, (the line is complete garbage) 
He should then be gone!!!! After their last game. 
It was then a Case of, a head coach who, like most say is his strong point. Loyal
They have 16 weeks to get the best seed in the playoffs, and their goal 
better be to win the SB. After week 13 is not the time the change should have 
happened then. It should have happened sooner.
If the O comes out like it has, since having 2 weeks to prepare for the Bears, 
and struggles the same. 
He gets next year to try and fix it.
The firing of Flip when it happen could make Mike look incapable of being a head coach, 
or prove the team needs better players. Not a better head coach.
Kind of a double edge sword if you ask me. Damned if you do damned if you don;t.

Quote: @njvike said:
@MaroonBells said:
One could argue that Flip infected all of the players below. There are players like Compton and Remmers starting on lines all over the NFL. Hell, the Bears have an undrafted guy starting on their line who's on his 6th team in 5 years. But I wonder if they're maybe not playing as poorly because their OC knows how to call plays that mitigate their weaknesses. Yeah, I know, sounds like an excuse because we know Remmers and Compton are crap. But ya know what? Elflein isn't. And the fact that even HE'S playing poorly leads me to believe that it has a lot to do with Flip. 

LMAO!!! INFECTED??!! In 9 months and a grand total of 13 games? Jeez, that dude must have been one hell of a carrier, the 21st century version of Typhoid Mary. What was this incredibly virulent strain called, BTW? Blockus Incompetencia? Turnstilitis? Whiffamania? And why was it only the OL that got infected? Cousins is having his standard year (good stats, .500 record), Thielen and Diggs are similar/better than last year, Cook has played in twice as many games as last year and Treadwell is STILL able to block well, because, hey, THAT'S the trait you're looking for in a 1st round WR, right? Why wasn't HIS blocking ability compromised by the infectious DeFillipo?

This is exactly why I laugh at the whole "Minnesota Nice" thing. This guy moves his family from Philly to Minnesota and is given 9 months and 13 GAMES before he is crucified and ridiculed by fans and made the scapegoat for the performance of what is a very flawed offensive roster. Same thing with countless OC's and DC's and kickers/punters, WR's, RB's etc. But Ricky? The lone common denominator in the current 12 season run of 2 playoff wins? He's golden. I guess he gets his flu shots regularly.

Thanks for the laugh, though. Infecting an entire positional group in less than 1 season is a brand new excuse. Kudos.
Yer an idiot. 

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@minny65 said:
Viking fan for 43 years.

Zimmer is the best coach we have had since Green and maybe better.  Green was known for building up great offenses and so-so defenses.  So far, I would say Zimmer is the opposite.  In very limited playoff experience for Zimmer I would say he has been outcoached.  I think Zimmer is great at making defensive adjustments during a game and after halftime.  I do think he makes too many mistakes along the sideline as HC.  

I have been an ardent supporter of Zimmer since he was hired by Rick.  I have to admit this season, and the Eagles fiasco, has knocked him down a peg for me.  He is no longer above reproach.  The Bills game was shocking...I know about Griffen but I mean this team checked out that game.  Then you have Zimmer talking about how he didn't have the team prepared for the Patriots to then follow that up with a playoff game vs Seahawks that didn't look like the offense was prepared for anything again? OK, so he fired his OC which was needed but the coaching buck stops with him.   He is responsible for the whole team not just defense.  Our OL has not improved since he has been here with a couple different OL coaches and our ST (Pfiffer) seems to get worse every year.

I am starting to worry about Zimmer being a Buddy Ryan one dimensional (defensive coach) and not a team HC.  

I want to see how this team reacts the rest of the season.  Not saying I am ready to move on from Zimmer but I am certainly in scrutiny mode now.  I expect him to get through his remaining contract year and probably retire. 

Good take and will add this:  4 offensive coordinators in the last 3 years.  Common denomenator?  Zimmer.

I don't think that's quite fair...  Norv didn't work out and I think it was because his offense wasn't a good fit for the personnel we had.

Then he moved Shurmur to OC (his  2nd) after Norv resigned.  He would likely still be here and the offense would be in a much better place if he hadn't gotten a Head Coaching job.

So Norv resigned, Shurmur took a HC job, and he fired Flip...  Hopefully Stefanski turns out like Shurmur and gets this offense back on track after the previous OC struggled. 

Quote:
Yer an idiot. 
Great comeback, Zippy.

And, for the record, it's YOU'RE.

Don't forget to get your flu shot!!! You don't want to get infected!! BWAA-HAA-HAA-HAA!!