Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Reasons Why The Vikings SHOULD Cruise This Weekend.

1.   Miami should be emotionally drained after beating the Patriots in the manner they did last weekend.  Historical Reference:  remember the last team to win a big game on  a last play pass and how they played the following week in the NFC Championship.

2.  Vikings should have a chip on the shoulder given their lackluster performance last week.  This Viking team (unfortunately) seems to need to have an emotional reason to play well.

3.  Vikings should be more unpredictable on offense.  There are a lot of reasons for this: (a) Flip's offense looked very vanilla all season; (b) new OC bringing back old concepts from last year and new concepts in a more collaborative environment with Cousins; and © this seasons film on the Vikings should be of little use.  Historical Reference:  when the Eagles had to change their offense last year because of the QB change, this caused the Eagle's offense to be less predictable at the end of the season.

4.  Morgan return.  If TE Morgan returns this week, I think he will give the O a big boost.  Frankly, I think he is an integral cog to the running game because no other TE on the roster is worth their weight blocking.  I also think Treadwell will be used better in the running game.  I would be interested in looking back to see running statistics when Morgan played versus when he did not.

RUN THE FUGGIN' BALL
CHEW THE CLOCK
KEEP D RESTED
TAKE A SHOT NOW AND THEN

Seriously...this isn't rocket surgery B)

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
RUN THE FUGGIN' BALL
CHEW THE CLOCK
KEEP D RESTED
TAKE A SHOT NOW AND THEN

Seriously...this isn't rocket surgery B)
Do I agree with VG83?  Well, does the Pope crap in the woods?  B)

Lets do it for our ex-coach.  Just remember JDF.  Just (run) the Damn Football.

That said, short week makes it rather interesting.  Don't think there will be much change this week, but hopefully we won't need it.
Agree on the Morgan bit, he should help with sealing the edge.  Miami is weak up the middle as well, so perhaps we can pound it.

5.  I will be there.  

I'm not saying, but I'm just saying the last time a team with a championship caliber D fired their OC this late in the season good things happened...

I'm just so freaking happy to finally get an 11 am start. At last, football as it should be. 

Quote: @VikingOracle said:

1.   Miami should be emotionally drained after beating the Patriots in the manner they did last weekend.  Historical Reference:  remember the last team to win a big game on  a last play pass and how they played the following week in the NFC Championship.

2.  Vikings should have a chip on the shoulder given their lackluster performance last week.  This Viking team (unfortunately) seems to need to have an emotional reason to play well.

3.  Vikings should be more unpredictable on offense.  There are a lot of reasons for this: (a) Flip's offense looked very vanilla all season; (b) new OC bringing back old concepts from last year and new concepts in a more collaborative environment with Cousins; and © this seasons film on the Vikings should be of little use.  Historical Reference:  when the Eagles had to change their offense last year because of the QB change, this caused the Eagle's offense to be less predictable at the end of the season.

4.  Morgan return.  If TE Morgan returns this week, I think he will give the O a big boost.  Frankly, I think he is an integral cog to the running game because no other TE on the roster is worth their weight blocking.  I also think Treadwell will be used better in the running game.  I would be interested in looking back to see running statistics when Morgan played versus when he did not.
Good point about Morgan. I hope he makes it back this week.

One of the keys to this game will be the fact that Xavien Howard will likely not play for the Dolphins. He's easily their best corner and so that means 2018 11th overall pick, Minkah Fitzpatrick, who's been good inside, will likely move outside on Diggs, and Bobby McCain will get Thielen. McCain's 54.6 grade is 5th lowest among this week's starting slot matchups. Fitzpatrick is going to be a good one, but Vikings should win both of these matchups.

Dolphins rank in the bottom 10 against the pass, the bottom 4 against the run. This should be a statement game for the Vikings. It damn well better be.