Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do the refs seem to hate the vikings?
Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Ralphie said:
Great question.  I'm sure other teams feel likewise (talk to a Puker fan and they'll swear the refs screw them every week) but Monday nights mind-numbing non-call on the "blocked" FG was a whole new level of hosing at the hands of the zebras.  I literally sat there with my mouth open watching the replay.
I still go back to the 09 NFCCG,  I cant recall a game where there were more blantant wrong/missed calls favoring 1 team in a game.  I have seen games with a lot of bad calls by a bad crew that balance out,  but this was the epitomy of shit.

also I have seen games where they refs will call it one team heavy for 3 quarters and then when the outcome is decided they will balance it out by calling meaning less penalties on the opposition... that really screams "fixed" IMO.

I wonder if the refs pick up thaf flag on Monday night if the seahawks werent in danger of not covering the spread?   where was the money on that game?
I think it was only 3 points. 

IMO it has more to do with playoffs.  The Seahawks need to make the playoffs so they push would be more that way than spread.
I just don't understand how you throw a flag for a violation that happened.  Then you talk about it and decide it didn't happen when all the evidence shows it did happen.
i didnt see the game but I am betting carol was in their ear convincing them that it was legal for some bull shit reason and they didnt know any better so they went...duh, ok.
No, he just sat there chomping on his gum.  Then jumping and flopping his arms when they reversed it.
It was a given.  Zimmer was calm, pointing that he wanted to accept the penalty.  Then the refs gathered and talked, and decided it wasn't a penalty.
so the screw job came from NY... got it.  Wink

The 2009 NFCCG was the worst officiated game in the history of the NFL.  Watch this if you want to make yourself nauseous.

Notice how every bad call the NFL Live crew looks at happens to go in the Saints favor, with 4 of them in OT, all right in a row to gift the Saints the win.  And there were many more bad calls against the Vikings that game than just the ones they looked at here.  Not to even mention the fucking Bountygate.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
whiskey bottle to the head
randy moss water bottle incident

and I am pretty sure its a directive from the league office/ goodell so 

the poison pill contract
the brett favre tamper/non tamper / retired/ released/unretired signed with packers rival mess
star caps
adrian peterson scandal
love boat
None of that matches the stuff New England has pulled yet they generally still get the calls in their favor.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@JimmyinSD said:

the poison pill contract
the brett favre tamper/non tamper / retired/ released/unretired signed with packers rival mess
star caps
adrian peterson scandal
love boat
None of that matches the stuff New England has pulled yet they generally still get the calls in their favor.
Aside from video taping and deflating footballs what have they done?

The numbers don't support the "refs hate the Vikings" excuse. They are the 3rd least penalized team in the league this year. They were 8th last year. 

Maybe we should stick with the OC, OL, ST and NFL scheduling "ecxuses". 

nj, it's not our penalties that's being discussed.  It's the non-calls on our opponents, like mentioned in the video of our championship game against the Aints.  Some of the most blatant I've ever seen against any team.

The 2009 NFCC game was a disgrace, no doubt. But its 9 years ago. Let it go.

But my point still stands. If refs truly were  targeting the Vikings, it would manifest itself in calls as well as non-calls, correct? 

Vikings fans should stop scouring every stat looking for a way to "excuse" their team and accept the fact that they're just not as good as many fans expected. I figured 9-7 or 10-6, one and done in the playoffs. They are right on course for what I was expecting. 

Viking non-fans should stop scouring fan boards looking for excuses to rant about their obsessive hatred of the team.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@JimmyinSD said:

the poison pill contract
star caps
adrian peterson scandal
love boat
Just click a teams name.
The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Pats 16th on list tied with Panthers and lions 27 cheats each, MN 20th tied with Bills with 23 cheats each

Den #1 Cards #32