Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So has A. Robinson supplanted Treadwell as #3??
Just wondering out loud...

I dont think they are going to set anyone as a designated #3.  robinson has shined at times and shit the bed at times himself.   I dont know that it will really matter that much becauce is we are down to our #3 receiver deciding the day without a specific skill set that we can scheme and playcall towards... we have likely already lost.  With Diggs, AT, Rudy, DC, and Murray for weapons.... a #3 WR should be nothing more than a 10 plays a game guy to give the regulars a blow or to save reps at the end of the game for the starters.  Robinson hasnt shown to be overly reliable or anything special himself outside of a crazy TD to catch ratio,  but he has not shown any brighter when given more reps.

I HOPE SO!  He can't block as well as Treadwell... but I don't think that a good blocking WR is more valuable than one that can get separation and catch the ball. 

Quote: @pumpf said:
I HOPE SO!  He can't block as well as Treadwell... but I don't think that a good blocking WR is more valuable than one that can get separation and catch the ball. 
catch the ball seems to be as big an issue with Robinson as it is with Treadwell at times.  I find myself wondering what all the hype was for Zylstra that he cant supplant either of those 2 on the active roster.

It's too early to say, unless someone said something.  Robinson has only had one game with more snaps than Treadwell, so it's hardly a trend.  although the last 3 games have seen Treadwells snaps drop, so that's a trend.

i would  like to see. more of zylstra. would not  hurt to give him a  shot. I think  robinson has should replace  Treadwell  but he is  not enough  to many drops .two bad bebe got hurt  I think next  year he is the  third.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I dont think they are going to set anyone as a designated #3.  robinson has shined at times and shit the bed at times himself.   I dont know that it will really matter that much becauce is we are down to our #3 receiver deciding the day without a specific skill set that we can scheme and playcall towards... we have likely already lost.  With Diggs, AT, Rudy, DC, and Murray for weapons.... a #3 WR should be nothing more than a 10 plays a game guy to give the regulars a blow or to save reps at the end of the game for the starters.  Robinson hasnt shown to be overly reliable or anything special himself outside of a crazy TD to catch ratio,  but he has not shown any brighter when given more reps.
Most games he has been thrown to 1-2 times a game and usually catches 1 pass.
The Rams game he was targeted 2 times and had 2 TD catches
1-3 against the Jets for 34 yards.
2-3 against the Loins for 20 yards
pretty much the reast of the season the same 1-2 targets a game.
Not really sure why you say why Robison shits to bed or isn't reliable.
His first playing time wasn't  till game 4.

Quote: @Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
He has had the same stone hand moments that Treadwell has,  just dropping or tipping passes when they really shouldn't be. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
He has had the same stone hand moments that Treadwell has,  just dropping or tipping passes when they really shouldn't be. 
He has played much, much better than Treadwell has. I really dont know how some of you can keep defending one of the worst WRs I’ve ever seen.

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Norse said:
@JimmyinSD said:
He has played much, much better than Treadwell has. I really dont know how some of you can keep defending one of the worst WRs I’ve ever seen.
I'm not defending Treadwell at all in this thread.  I don't know how or why some of you try to create a narrative when there isn't one.  My lack of support for robinson has nothing to do with my former support for treadwell.  He is just not a consistent hands guys and has been in the league long enough to say that he likely never will be.