Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer admits he didn't have his team prepared.
In a post game interview with Greg Coleman on KFAN, Zimmer said he didn't do a good enough job to prepare his
team to deal with the new schemes and game planning the Patriots implemented on both Offense and Defense. 
He also pointed out that they were too slow to adjust to the new looks that the Patriots threw at them. I'm not sure
how to react to that. How do you not have your team prepared to go against the one of the Greatest Coaching/QB
Duo's in the history of the game? Maybe there was really nothing we could do with the personnel this team has to
work with this year. The injuries to the secondary certainly impacted the defense, but Flip was thoroughly toyed with
by Bill. The defense kept it close enough and the gave the offense plenty of chances to put some points on the board
but they couldn't get the job done. I never felt like we adjusted on offense all game. It seemed like Flip had no idea
where to attack the Patriots and once again Cook was underutilized in the running game. Cousins certainly contributed
to our ineptitude with poor accuracy and decision making. Flip and Cousins as a pair today where a big part of the 
dysfunction. Neither of them seemed to have any idea on what to do. Almost as if they were guessing. 

Aikman had a lot of man love towards Flip at the end of the game when they announced McCarthy's firing suggesting he
would be a great fit for the Packers. I'm just not sold on him and would be fine if he left and let Stefanski take over. 
Our OLine is total garbage, but his lack of creativity and predictable play calling is very frustrating and we are starting
to see teams routinely shut down or minimize our playmakers. 

Zimmer continues to be an Enigma. I'm not convinced he has the means to be an effective in game strategist and this
year is really showing that to be true. We haven't beaten any team with a winning record. Is our .500 record indicative
of the talent on this team, or the inability of the coaching staff to match wits with the Elite teams in the league? I still
have no idea. 

great post. seriously well done

That's honest, embarrassing and sad. Seriously? I mean you take ownership, that's good. You have had the time to get the job done but it didn't happen. Also if you can't get it done, get help to get it done. On the other hand, putting that out there in public instead of keeping it in house might not be helpful either. JDF was absolutely disappointing and frustrating to watch. People keep saying he is learning on the job but it is apparent that he has so much more to learn. Of course we know that the OL is putrid but still there are other issues. I can't stand that they wait so long to make adjustments. It feels like one step forward and two steps back. Also the defense gets a turnover and the offense can't capitalize but turn it over. Ugh.

It was worse when you have two weeks to prepare for the Bears.

Really hard to make-up for one of the bottom feeder OL's in the NFL week after week. But there is plenty of blame to go around that locker room AND coaching staff this season.  

There's still 4 games left? That's 25% of the season, so a lot. But I just don't sense anything special this year. 

Outcoached, outplayed.  Not surprising from a very average, albeit highly paid team.

After tonight, seeing how a top-tier team still can cut us up like a Christmas cheese-log... Plus our injuries always decimate one single crucial section of our O or D... the best I can hope for is a miracle gelling so we can at least remain Kings of the North if not make a playoff run.  Likely? No. But still wanna be Kings of the North. The Bears have the horseshoe this year, but as we learned with Case, you can't count on that. We may still at least pull off the division.

I think he's just covering for the team.  Or maybe he's covering for Flip.  Or both.  Either way, I'm not sure I put too much stock into any coach's post-game comments.  Except for Frazier's; when he said he had to go look at the tape before commenting, I really believed that he didn't know what had happened.

To be honest, I fully expected a lose today.  Tom Brady is something like 110 wins and 17 losses all time at home!!!  He is 56-10 in the month of December.  Just a machine.  

What I was hoping for was a good showing by all units and we didn't get one from any of them.  Once again, Special Teams is not good.  I would replace Pfieffer after this year. 

Of course we all know what the problem is on Offense.  They can't run block, pass block or run a screen - the trifecta of a poor OL.  The interior is just awful.  Elflein has not rebounded well off the injuries from late last year.  If we lose to the Seahawks next week I want to see what Isadora and Jones can do at Guard.  I think we have our answers on Compton and Remmers.  

Defense, keep us in the game until late 3rd and then Brady toyed with our 4th and 5th CB's (Hill and Sherels).  Barr has to go.  Again, if we lose to Seattle I would like to see more of Wilson.  What did the Defense give up 450 yards?  That is not good enough.  

Some small glimmers - Cook looks like he is getting into form.  Holten Hill is not lost.  I thought both our Tackles were decent.  I did say glimmers.  Oh and Brady did not challenge us deep so I am assuming that means our Safeties played well.  I know Harry did!

Have to beat Seattle!

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
That's honest, embarrassing and sad. Seriously? I mean you take ownership, that's good. You have had the time to get the job done but it didn't happen. Also if you can't get it done, get help to get it done. On the other hand, putting that out there in public instead of keeping it in house might not be helpful either. JDF was absolutely disappointing and frustrating to watch. People keep saying he is learning on the job but it is apparent that he has so much more to learn. Of course we know that the OL is putrid but still there are other issues. I can't stand that they wait so long to make adjustments. It feels like one step forward and two steps back. Also the defense gets a turnover and the offense can't capitalize but turn it over. Ugh.
I think that they have been taking two steps back before they take one forward. By the time they start adjusting they are already too far behind for it to matter