Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson: 'I love this organization'
I hope after this season Compton and Remmers are just bad dreams from the past. I can see the point of re-signing Easton but I would expect him to have a slow start out of the gate just like Elflein. I want us to draft O-line but I would really love to see us get the best guard they can in free agency, someone who will start immediately and hopefully be a massive upgrade over Remmers.

It's all well and good to talk about signing FAs. But whom? I'm seeing guys older than Remmers and a bunch of no-names at Guard.

Quote: @FSUVike said:
It's all well and good to talk about signing FAs. But whom? I'm seeing guys older than Remmers and a bunch of no-names at Guard.
We're in our window, so I don't mind someone older than Remmers, as long as he's better. Give me three good years and I'll be happy. 

LT- Reiff (Collins)
LG - Saffold (Isidora)
C - Elflein (Easton, Edison)
RG - Easton (2nd rounder)
RT - O'Neill (3rd rounder)

...and a new OL coach. 

I don't love Remmers either, but he was average/adequate last year at RT, so he's got some versatility and might be worth keeping as a backup. Would you keep him if they can renegotiate his remaining deal down to something like 2 years, $5M total?

Quote: @Jor-El said:
I don't love Remmers either, but he was average/adequate last year at RT, so he's got some versatility and might be worth keeping as a backup. Would you keep him if they can renegotiate his remaining deal down to something like 2 years, $5M total?
he isnt awful, and does have experience,  might be interesting,  but not if it keeps Rick from investing solid draft stock on the future of the position.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:
We're in our window, so I don't mind someone older than Remmers, as long as he's better. Give me three good years and I'll be happy. 

LT- Reiff (Collins)
LG - Saffold (Isidora)

...and a new OL coach. 

They put in 2 OL interim coaches after Tony passed right?

Yah, I think Zimmer is going to probably make a change there in 19. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@FSUVike said:

LT- Reiff (Collins)
LG - Saffold (Isidora)

...and a new OL coach. 

They put in 2 OL interim coaches after Tony passed right?

Yah, I think Zimmer is going to probably make a change there in 19. 
Yep and I think it was a good move in the short term for stability purposes. It will be interesting to see where they go from there next year.