Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Richardson: 'I love this organization'
[Image: O0BNFIhs_bigger.jpg]KFAN1003‏ @KFAN1003
FollowFollow @KFAN1003
More
'I love this organization" Sheldon Richardson joins KFAN after win over Packers on SNF
12:43 AM - 26 Nov 2018

And we love you....stay a while

spoken like a true pending FA....

Like many things about this season, Richardson's play has been great at times - but lacked consistency.

He can show how much he loves the Vikings when contract negotiations start. I think he will love the team that pays the most.

I think I would love his potential contract being spent on offense.

Overall I am underwhelmed by Richardson, and in the camp of putting cap space into the offense, but a couple things might make me want to sign him:
  1. Obviously, a reasonable deal. If he wants to compete with Aaron Donald, end of the story.
  2. Players improve greatly their 2nd year in Zimmer's defense.
  3. Losing Richardson would probably be used to justify another 1st round pick for defense.

Quote: @kmillard said:
We'll have to wait and see on that...I'm not convinced upper echelon OL are going to be available until I see it...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
We'll have to wait and see on that...I'm not convinced upper echelon OL are going to be available until I see it...
Even mid level O lineman  is better than they have.

This offense can only be so good with their current offensive line. Period. If the team doesn't try and change what they can in that unit in the offseason, then expect more of the same inconsistent crap and mediocre year.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This offense can only be so good with their current offensive line. Period. If the team doesn't try and change what they can in that unit in the offseason, then expect more of the same inconsistent crap and mediocre year.
I think they need to add at least 2 interior and 1 OT to the existing mix as well as resigning Easton.  The only hold overs would be Reiff, Elf, O'Neil Easton ,Collins, and maybe Isidora and Hill.  There was another 1 or 2 rookies they were fond of that I can't remember their names but as far as counting on guys to be in the mix those first 5 would be all I would count on.  Honestly we should be looking to add a couple through FA and a couple more through the early rounds of the draft IMO.