Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill likes Mike
[Image: tj9shaf657r7.gif]

So is he complementing him as a long time defensive coordinator or as a head coach? Bill could be setting the table for if Mike gets fired in the next couple years. That guy does nothing without a reason.

I have actually read a few good interviews that Bill has done.  Obviously very smart and has great respect for some coaches.  He doesn't like the inanity of most media sessions so he comes across as rude and uncaring.  But I do think he is giving an honest opinion here.

I believe both actually. He can have respect for him but he could still be messing with him. They are both near each other in age so it would make sense that they could see each other as kindred spirits and have things in common.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
So is he complementing him as a long time defensive coordinator or as a head coach? Bill could be setting the table for if Mike gets fired in the next couple years. That guy does nothing without a reason.
or maybe he is setting the table for when Brady retires and he wants to take a step down and join Mike over here on the newest dynasty team in the league?   B)

honestly I dont see Mike sticking with the game after his time in Minny is finished when ever that may be.  I think he loves the coaching part of the job,  but has probably had enough of dealing with the media and the front office shit.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@suncoastvike said:
or maybe he is setting the table for when Brady retires and he wants to take a step down and join Mike over here on the newest dynasty team in the league?   B)

honestly I dont see Mike sticking with the game after his time in Minny is finished when ever that may be.  I think he loves the coaching part of the job,  but has probably had enough of dealing with the media and the front office shit.
Yeah just being sarcastic. Mike will retire as a Viking I believe or at least be his last NFL job. He would have no reason or desire I believe to DC only again.

I didn't actually follow that link, but Bill frequently flatters his upcoming opponents.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Quote: @medaille said:
I didn't actually follow that link, but Bill frequently flatters his upcoming opponents.

best way to beat an opponent is take their edge off before the battle.

Quote: @medaille said:

Did not know that.  I don't get ESPN so my Patriot exposure is limited.