Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Prime Turd
When we should have been playing our best.

I'm REALLY looking forward to the EXCUSES for yet ANOTHER primetime/key/critical LOSS.

Probably something about turnovers (even though the OTHER TEAM CAN SAY THE SAME THING) or the refs (Vikes benefited from a couple BS call, too)

I also look forward to the FIRST time that Viking fans will ADMIT that another team actually BEAT THEM, instead of ALWAYS bitching that THE VIKINGS LOST it, or that the refs MADE them LOSE. Thats a very obnoxious outlook, especially given the Vikings' woeful playoff record. 

The Vikings were outplayed AND outcoached tonight. Any other conclusion is simply ridiculous. No excuses. 

The $84 million "man" needs to WIN these games....guys like Po der/Bridgewater/Keenum "made" the playoffs. $84 MILLION means you gotta WIN in the playoffs. 

Still time, I know. But this was NOT a good precursor.

Missing the playoffs this year would be inexcusable, and, HOPEFULLY, the end of the Schpielman Error. 

Its just disappointing more than anything. You hope that the team is good and then in a game they need to win that SHOWS it, last night happens. 

Our D has probowlers and high picks at every spot but Harris who was in for Dejo. On top of that theyve been together several years so there shouldnt be any familiarity issues. 

The O has its problem, I think a huge chunk is OL but the D is supposed to be our money shot and they SUCK this year. 

Something needs to change. 

We are under achieving and are not on the top shelf with the Rams, NO, Chiefs, etc.  

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Our D has probowlers and high picks at every spot but Harris who was in for Dejo. On top of that theyve been together several years so there shouldnt be any familiarity issues. 

The O has its problem, I think a huge chunk is OL but the D is supposed to be our money shot and they SUCK this year. 

Something needs to change. 
The defense struggled early but played better as the game went on. They were not the reason we lost except they did have way too many stupid personal foul penalties. They kept the game very close considering how many points the Bears' offense had been averaging. When you bring pressure on Cousins, he makes bad decisions. He was nervous and uncomfortable all night whether the pressure was there or not. I actually thought O'Neill played the best of any lineman last night. The rest of the line was physically manhandled and were usually too slow to react to their Bears stunts and movement on the line creating open rushers at Cousins. I'm not happy with Cousins, but he is the most pressured QB in the NFL. We are not going anywhere with what Spielman has assembled for OLine talent. Flips game planning and play calling are stale and predictable. We had 2 weeks to prepare for this game and he didn't bring any creativity or imagination to his Game Plan. Our Tight End has disappeared from the offense all year, and they insist on giving Treadwell reps over Robinson and Bebe who would give us that quick/speedy 3rd receiver we need when we lost Wright. Outside of Belechick who is on the Mount Rushmore of Coaches and an innovator on both sides of the ball, there are zero defensive minded head coaches who are running any of the Elite NFL Teams. That does not bode well for Zimmer or the Vikings in today's high octane offensively minded NFL.  

The defense made some adjustments but the offense shit the bed on this one. The turnovers on offense and the lack of capitalizing on the defensive turnovers were not helpful. There is so much inconsistency..

It is time for spielman to go. Take Zim with him. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
It is time for spielman to go. Take Zim with him. 
This.

Seems Zim’s idea of what “his” offense should look like has creeped into to Flip’s play calling/game planning, 8 runs out of the first 13 plays, can you say handcuffed...?