Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stafford Sacked 23 Times So Far
I found it interesting that Stafford had only been sacked 13 times in the previous 7 games.  That's less than 2 sacks allowed per game.  Prior to the Vikings dumping him 10 times, the most he was sacked in a single game was three; that happend 3 times by: GB (W), @Dal (L), Sea (L). 

I love watching a dominent Viking defense, and that's why Coach Z is one of my favorite Viking coaches ever (still behind Bud).  I still don't fully trust this years team, however.  I can't tell if the D was really good Sunday, or did the Lions just "lay down" and play poorly.

It will be interesting to see what happens to them in Chicago this
weekend.  If Chicago mauls them the way the Vikes did, then it might
lessen my excitement/hope for the Viking defense that was getting gashed
so often earlier this year.  If it's a tough, close game, I think maybe, just maybe I'll start to believe again.

I'm about as fickle as a Viking fan can be, and I'm so easily persuaded back to believing in all things Purple.  B)

SKOL!

I'm not putting too much into the Lions win. I think the Lions are mentally weak. Trading away Golden Tate for a pick was demoralizing. They play for a while, but if things get tough, they fold. Once we kept them out of the end zone early, they were done on offense.  As my son said in the third quarter of that game, Stafford should sue his O-line. They sucked.  Their D was good but the Vikings helped with 2 turnovers and a dropped bomb. Anyway, I like the way our defense played, but it does not mean too much because . . . it was the Lions.  Even Lions fans would concede that.

As long as I can remember, doesn't matter how good a team the Detroit Lions put on the field...they always find a way to self-destruct.

Regardless of the opponent, you play the team on the schedule. I do believe that the win was important because it gets another monkey off their backs. It sucked that the offense disappeared. It was great to see the defense step up. It happens that the offense or defense doesn't get the job done at times. They definitely need more consistency but a win is a win. I will take it. The Chicago game is going to be very interesting. It's time to get that monkey off their backs too.

Here's a funny story... Wink

Stafford the LEAST sacked QB!

[Image: 43386_20160218160340.jpg]
"Slash, parry! Stab, stab, stab! Haha! You ain't pretty no more."

Honestly, if you want to look at things a bit pragmatically, what is the Viking's signature win so far? Who have they really beaten? Nobody, really. I guess the Eagles on the road would be the best.....but they are currently a .500 team (Eagles). 

So my point is I'm also not taking a ton from the Lion's win. Its a NFCN win so that part is great, of course. Minnesota still has a lot to prove. My hope is they can win the NFCN and by the end of the season, are healthier and playing like the team we all thought they'd be heading into the season. The team nobody wants to see in the playoffs that comes and visits.

I think we caught them at a good time.  I think their trading of Tate plus coming
here probably was enough to put them in a funk similar to what happened to us
with Griffen and the Bills.  You can
pretend like losing one of your best players and teammates isn’t going to
affect you, but it probably will.
That said I think our defense is on the up and up.  With Griffen and Johnson in the fold, we’ve
got a very solid rotation at DE and DT. 
We’ve got our scheme issues fixed. 
I think we just need to get fully healthy and see what happens when we
play legit good teams, especially on the road. 
Do we stand tall or do we lack confidence.