Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Browns fire HC Hue Jackson.....and....wait for it....
OC Todd Haley. LMAO, quite the organization. Most thought it was an either/or. Nope, both.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I read the Haley was taking over for Jackson in the interm.

that has to be the shortest HC tenure in league history.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I read the Haley was taking over for Jackson in the interm.

that has to be the shortest HC tenure in league history.
Only superseding several previous Brown's coaches...

Sounds like Bountygate Gregg Williams will be their interim HC?
1. Wow, he shouldn't even be in the NFL any more, let alone a head coach
2. How does appointing an old school defensive guy help to develop Baker Mayfield? That should be their primary goal right now
3. Haha the Browns

Not to defend Jackson, but...they put up with him through two seasons with a single victory to show out of 32 games, and fire him now that the team actually shows at least marginal improvement?

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Sounds like Bountygate Gregg Williams will be their interim HC?
1. Wow, he shouldn't even be in the NFL any more, let alone a head coach
2. How does appointing an old school defensive guy help to develop Baker Mayfield? That should be their primary goal right now
3. Haha the Browns
My thoughts as well.  That criminal is still coaching?  And they just pretty much defined another QB on the long list of failures in Cleveland.  Constant change will kill a young QB faster than anything.

Keep in mind with just a tiny bit of luck, the Browns could easily have a winning record. How many overtime games have they been a part of? Listen, I hate Williams also but watch and see, I bet they win some games under his HC direction. 

Anyone else hear Joe Thomas on ESPN radio this morning? He said the Browns operated in 2016 and 17 with no intent to be competitive, that ownership traded quality vets to save cap space and acquire draft picks for future years.

I know that isn’t a shock, but Thomas was a member of the organization and described it explicitly as a 4 year plan. The NFL is pretty hostile to suggestions of blatant tanking - I wonder if Thomas will have to issue a retraction or “clarification” that he was only speculating..

The last 7 Browns head coaches were fired in season after their 2nd Steeler loss of the year, now that’s consistency...!  Wink B)  

The  Browns  were a improving team  next your  there will be a new coach  and a lot of  new players  it's a step back for them and  Greg Williams she have received a lifetime ban all we hear about is player safety and that as is is now a head coach what a disgrace .I feel for the Browns fans