Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff can't get healthy soon enough!!!!
Watching the film of just a couple of the critical mishaps on Sunday, Rashod Hill was the main issue on both of them. 
He has zero chance against speed rushers going to the outside. He just can't move his feet fast enough and clearly
the Vikings coaching staff doesn't seem to have any answers to fix his terrible technique with his off balance lunging
and grabbing. 
-On the 4th and 1 call at our 45, he gets easily beat around the edge by the rookie Marcus Davenport. Cousins has to
quickly get red of the ball to Treadwell to avoid the sack. He had no time to go through his other reads. Robinson was
uncovered in the slot for an easy first down but he didn't see him. Thielen was the other open option in the Flat being
shadowed by a Saints Linebacker. Hard to say if that incompletion was on Treadwell for not using his body better to shield
the ball or just a great play by Lattimore. Either way, Cousins had no time to go through his options and was lucky to get
the ball out before getting hit.
-On the interception, once again Hill was beat to the outside by Alex Okafor. His technique was terrible again. He lunged
straight ahead at Okafor who easily went around Hill to pressure Cousins from behind to force a pass he probably shouldn't
have thrown even if Diggs had not stopped his route. There were bad decisions all around on that play, but it all started with
Hill barely getting a finger on his man and leaving him free to rush the passer. 

As long as Hill is put into a starting position at either Tackle spot, we will be lucky to earn a Wild Card spot for the playoffs. 

Wouldn't surprised if he didn't play till after the bye at this point...

Nothing about how bad our Oline is now surprises me.  We entered this season woefully unprepared at OL.

Quote: @AGRforever said:
Nothing about how bad our Oline is now surprises me.  We entered this season woefully unprepared at OL.
Agreed. I mentioned in another thread that Spielman bought a Ferarri(Cousins) with no garage(OLine) to protect it. Our OLine talent was average at best with zero depth in case of injuries. I don't count "bodies" as depth and at this point that's all Hill, Isadora, and Jones seem to be. Just bodies. O'Neill has been a very solid pick so that is one bright spot that Spielman deserves credit for but his neglect in the draft over multiple years continues to haunt this team. Outside of Miami, the rest of our games on the schedule will pose serious challenges to this line's ability to pass protect Cousins until Reiff returns and that is assuming he will be the same with his foot injury. Until this line can demonstrate they can handle the pass rush from the Contenders in our division and the NFC, I have doubts that we will be anything more than a wildcard this year and even that is questionable. We could easily go 0-5 in our next five games. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
^^^ - Agreed.

Who?

Wow, 0-5? I thought I was considered pessimistic! Why quit with that - then they would be on a 6-loss streak, eliminated from playoffs, most players would pack it in the rest of the way.

BUT - Vikings SHOULD beat the Lions Sunday, recover some health over the Bye, and be competitive enough to go .500 or better...unless they have another Bills-type game this weekend.

Dear 8 pound, 6 ounce baby Jesus...when Reiff comes back, please put Hill on the bench and keep O'Neill in at RT...

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Wow, 0-5? I thought I was considered pessimistic! Why quit with that - then they would be on a 6-loss streak, eliminated from playoffs, most players would pack it in the rest of the way.

BUT - Vikings SHOULD beat the Lions Sunday, recover some health over the Bye, and be competitive enough to go .500 or better...unless they have another Bills-type game this weekend.
I said they could go O-5 Jor-El. Jim Bob is still Detroit's OC and they have had success against Zimmer. I expect us to win, but we have found ways to lose against them.
Bears on the road-Loss
Packers at home-I'm really torn on this one. Rodgers will be better than the first matchup with a healthier knee and they took it down to the wire against the Rams. Could go either way. 
Patriots on the road-Loss
Seahawks on the road-Loss
Dolphins at home-Win
Lions on the road-Loss
Bears at home-Win

Assuming we beat the Lions and the Packers at home, that puts us at 8-7-1. The Bears have a more favorable schedule for the rest of the year so we will need to steal some of the projected losses on the road to have any shot at making the playoffs. Packers schedule is also tough and I have them finishing at 8-7-1 with the Vikings holding the tie breaker with a win at US Bank. Carolina, Seattle, and the Eagles all pose a serious threat for the three wild card spots. Assuming Zimmer's defense maintains the level of play we have seen the past couple of weeks, it will really come down to the OLine and if they can hold up the rest of the year. With what we have seen out of them so far, I have serious concerns.