Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I thought O'Neill came back down to Earth last night ...
I thought he struggled a bit at times, however I also acknowledge Cam Jordan is a badass LDE that's a handful for any RT.  I've been waiting for a team to send a big stud on relentless bull-rushes to challenge O'Neill's strength in pass protection.  I thought overall he looked pretty good - 0 sacks allowed, 1 TFL, and a few QB pressures on 41 pass attempts.  You can see he'll need to add strength so he can hold his ground better on bull rushes, but overall not a bad outing for what I probably think was his worst game so far - but I mean that in a positive way.

Can't teach great feet.  Thoughts?

On a sidenote, Holton Hill held his own too.

Pat Elflein got bull rushed by Rankin several times.  Rankin pushed Pat right back into Cousins getting one of his sacks that way. O'Neil and Elflein both he to add some serious strength during this coming off season.

I had my doubts that O'Neill would hold up for long if he had to start.  I will admit I was wrong.  I feared the worst with him facing Jordan, but I agree.  He got overpowered a couple times that I remember, but mostly he played well. 

He had his struggles, but it wasn't the disaster it could've been. Overall, you have to be pretty happy about O'Neill. 

Rookie in his third start vs one of the best LDEs in the league...O'Neill is light years ahead of where I thought he'd been...You can pencil him in for the next decade...

Isadora struggled more than O'Neill. 

O'Neill was our best OL yesterday.  Held his own vs Jordan.  Do you remember the woodshed Jordan took Hill too last year in the playoffs?  I do, it was a real wuppin.  Hill was not good yesterday at LT either.  Isadora got run over a few times as well as Remmers and Elflein.  

O'Neill looks like a very good 2nd round pick.