Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey! I know that smell...
It's called mediocrity...

Mired in the middle
The best of the worst
A grade of C
Capable of winning or losing to any opponent

I know the NFL is loaded just about everywhere, but its still a bit frustrating for me as a fan, when I look at how this roster is supposedly stacked.

Buffalo game horrible, yet to beat a team with a winning record (right?), poor performances by our best players last night.   

Next 3 games are all NFC North...Better win the 2 @ home, cause I don't see a mediocre team beating Chicago there. 

Its kind of par for the course for Viking's fans. Cousins is still under way too much pressure on a consistent basis, something is going to give there and it will probably be Kirk's health. We'll see, lots of games to be played but it will go down to the wire if Minnesota can be a playoff team. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
It's called mediocrity...

Mired in the middle
The best of the worst
A grade of C
Capable of winning or losing to any opponent

I know the NFL is loaded just about everywhere, but its still a bit frustrating for me as a fan, when I look at how this roster is supposedly stacked.

Buffalo game horrible, yet to beat a team with a winning record (right?), poor performances by our best players last night.   

Next 3 games are all NFC North...Better win the 2 @ home, cause I don't see a mediocre team beating Chicago there. 
The "stacked" roster has to be on the field playing.  That Viking team playing last night is not top tier.  We still might make the playoffs, but most likely one and done.

Great teams face adversity during a game and find ways to overcome it. That's what the Saints did last night. They created a momentum shifting fumble that turned a potential 20-10 or 16-10 Vikings halftime lead into a 17-13 Saints lead. The Vikings were never the same after that happened. We are a mediocre team this year and our record reflects that. Still plenty of time left to change that around, but it's not looking very promising unless we get everyone back and can stay healthy. 

im glad theyvare not on a red hot win streak...yet

Lots to work on, in a good place, long long season

Quote: @TBro said:
Great teams face adversity during a game and find ways to overcome it. That's what the Saints did last night. They created a momentum shifting fumble that turned a potential 20-10 or 16-10 Vikings halftime lead into a 17-13 Saints lead. The Vikings were never the same after that happened. We are a mediocre team this year and our record reflects that. Still plenty of time left to change that around, but it's not looking very promising unless we get everyone back and can stay healthy. 
im not buying that the Saints are a great team & willed a TO in the first half of a game to win...

Quote: @TBro said:

Yup.  All the sports sites saying how the Vikes were "steamrolled' by the Aints.  Bulls**t.

You can't give any team 14 points. That fumble by Thielen was a mortal wound.  The pick 6 was the coup de grace.

We're good enough to make the play-offs.  And if everyone's healthy, I like our chances against anyone.

I'll say this. I didn't expect them to lose 2 home games this year let alone 2 of the 1st 4. You can't be a playoff team playing .500 at home. Now comes the Lions who are unbeaten at the Bank. Time to show some desperation. Must win game.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
I'll say this. I didn't expect them to lose 2 home games this year let alone 2 of the 1st 4. You can't be a playoff team playing .500 at home. Now comes the Lions who are unbeaten at the Bank. 
This. Just a straight up fact. Home games are gold and determine your season the vast majority of the time.