Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Mike Remmers going to be ok at Tackle?
Can he hold his position down? Not like what I have heard - Read that he has been a turnstile in practice. Anyone been at camp who can give some insight to how he's looking?

He wasn't known to be above avg at pass blocking and that is holding true.  What he is known for is run blocking and so far that has been born out from various reviewers of practices.

Going against Hunter and BRob in practice can't be an easy task.  New to the line, scheme and such, there will be growing pains.  That said, yes, his forte is as a RT and run blocking.  If we get adequate pass pro from him, I am fine.

Honestly? I don't think so. 

I think of him as a top half run blocking right tackle and a bottom third pass blocking right tackle. I suspect that's exactly what he'll show. I sort of hope that Easton wins center, Elflein and Isadora compete at right guard, which might allow us to move Berger to RT if Remmers doesn't hold up. 

Berger at RT?  I think Remmers on his bad day is going to be much better than Berger would be out there.  TJ Clemmings would be better than Berger at RT. 

Remmers was a starter on a superbowl team 2 years ago.  I think you are right, he is a good run blocker but lower tier pass blocker.  If we can get average pass blocking from him, we should be good.

Berger's a swing man. I think you could put him anywhere on the line and he'll give you a solid day's work, except for maybe left tackle. Incidentally, Berger played his entire college career at right tackle. Two-time all american there. No, of course it's not ideal, so hopefully Remmers impresses us all. 

Its early in camp...D has the advantage... We are the only team that had 3 DEs with 7 or more sacks...he'll help the most by keeping us out of 2nd and 12...with 2018 being a very good year for the OL, I suspect he kicks inside or is a vet swing tackle... 

His best talent may be availabiliy, he's at least league average at RT, but he's consistent which means the team can scheme help for the tougher matchups he will face.

My expectations are low for the line this year, but compared to last year when I had zero expectations for them that's an improvement. Can he stay healthy?  Can he look competent?  If so, that is at least better than what we had before.