Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodgers-RedSox-MLB& JoeB
Find myself watching Baseball again, a year later
Very comforting, obviously dont care, but fun & brings back memories
( Kirby et al , sigh ) ( whooo )
Buck dissapoints like he always does & Troy sounds the same too  :p

I know many don’t, but I still love baseball.  It is such a unique and great game.
It broke my heart last year when my son decided to quit playing as a high school junior.

By the way I am watching still this morning.  Currently, its the top of the 18th inning.

3-2 Dodgers

Weird game
7 + hours of Joe filling time

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
3-2 Dodgers
Dude, you are a fan. That's a late night!

It was getting to a point where I was like, "Do they pay this poor man overtime!?!"

Bunch of Nancy Boys !

Pitcher usageIn Game 2 of the 1916 World's Series, Ruth started for the Red Sox, thus making his World's Series pitching debut. Here's his final line for the game, a 2-1 Boston win:
Quote:14 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 4 SO, 3 BB
Yes, Ruth pitched all 14 frames. Along the way he faced 48 batters, and he got into the opposing order for a sixth time. Per a very basic pitch-count estimator, that comes to 171 pitches. Pitchers these days throw harder, throw a large percentage of breaking pitches that may stress the arm more, and face deep lineups that allow no opportunity to "take a batter off." Also, teams actually take the long view with their arms. For those reasons and others, such a workload is unthinkable these days.  

:o 

Different world altogether 
Buck was mad because he missed dinner & made it sound more like an 18 hour game

Today they were commenting on how Buck and smoltz just slept in the booth to save time for today's game---buck squelched that rumor right off the bat before today's game----"Erin rogers is the only man I would spend the night with."

Quote: @Akvike said:
Today they were commenting on how Buck and smoltz just slept in the booth to save time for today's game---buck squelched that rumor right off the bat before today's game----"Erin rogers is the only man I would spend the night with."
Big trouble when he gets home, whole lotta explaining to Troy 

Great game again tonight

Put a fork in the Dodgers...