Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oakland WR Amari Cooper traded to Dallas
For a 1st round pick. Yuck. Jerrah continues to react poorly. He's not worth that by any stretch. The GM for the Raiders said 'it was too good a deal to pass up'. LMAO, yeah I bet.

Yep, was shock the Raiders got a 1 for Cooper.

Seems like Dallas really overpaid for Cooper.

Fire sale continues in Oaktown.

Bad deal for both teams.  Cooper not worth a 1st, Oakland sending a bad message to the team they've thrown in the towel already. 

Will Carr be next...?

24 year old, former #4 overall pick, two time pro bowler, still on this 1st contract, with serious questions about opportunity the last couple of years (re: Carr). It's hard to argue against the #1. But man, that will likely be a pretty high pick. 

Stupid deal for both sides.  I'm skeptical that Gruden even sees year 5-6 of his 10 year deal.  He's already mailing it in his first year.  Much worse deal for the Cowboys unless they already have a deal fleshed out with Cooper.  I just don't see the point in going to get a Cooper, when their problem is Dak.  I imagine that Cooper is just going to want to test the market after his contract expires.

Medaille, he is taking the Philly 76ers approach and what the Cleveland Browns have done.  Get has many picks as possible and no matter the skill sooner or later you will have a decent product.  It is a little more difficult with fielding 22 positions but even still I would guess in 3-4 years with a huge amount of cap space they should be able to build something decent. 

So which is it? He's stupid for trading Mack,.who's angling for the biggest contract ever given to a Defensive Player. But Defenses are also becoming the wrong side of the ball to invest in according to many here.

But he's also stupid for trading an under-performer for what everyone says was an overpay by Jerruh?

My take, killer Draft coming up.for both D and O ines. Why not load up on 1sts and start rebuilding in the trenches? Need protection so you can see once and for all if Carr is real. And they never had any complimentary pieces with Mack. 

Tank. Build your Lines. Move to Vegas. Take an early buyout once the team starts to turn the corner and needs actual GM and HC production.