Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmer impressed with Richardson’s play, professionalism
Mike Zimmer had a smile on his face the day the Minnesota Vikings announced they were signing defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson. He was well aware that his team was bringing in one of the most gifted three-technique DTs in the NFL and thus far Richardson has lived up to expectations and then some.
“I’ve been really impressed with Sheldon,” Zimmer said Wednesday. “Not just his play, but the way he’s come in here and try to learn the techniques we are trying to teach him. His professionalism, how he handles himself in the meetings. He’s been really good with everything.”

Richardson is the Vikings’ highest graded player on defense by Pro Football Focus. While he only has one sack, he ranks sixth in the NFL among interior defensive linemen with 22 pressures.
“There has been some plays that a lot of people don’t recognize that I see on tape that I’m like, ‘That is a heck of a play,'” Zimmer said. “Everyone sees the sacks and the hits on the quarterbacks. But they don’t see sometimes when you split the double team and you make a tackle or you run 20 yards down the field to make a tackle. Those things are impressive to me.”
This week, Richardson heads back to the Meadowlands to match up with the team that drafted him in the New York Jets. He was a Pro Bowler in 2014 but was ultimately traded by the Jets to Seattle, where he played last season...
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/1...sionalism/

So what was your favorite Anthony Barr as a Viking moment???  :p

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Richardson is the Vikings’ highest graded player on defense by Pro Football Focus. While he only has one sack, he ranks sixth in the NFL among interior defensive linemen with 22 pressures.
That's saying a lot with Hunter, Barr, Linval, Harry and Rhodes on this defense. 

Richardson was the ONE guy I wanted in FA.I thought if we got Cousins there would be no way to get Richardson.
Hope we can hang on to him...
start talking NOW

I wondered how he was doing this year.  You dont hear his name mentioned very often.  This is good news.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Richardson was the ONE guy I wanted in FA.I thought if we got Cousins there would be no way to get Richardson.
Hope we can hang on to him...
start talking NOW
RS, Zimm and Brez have some very difficult off-season decisions to make. There will be a big name or 2 on this team that they probably can't keep. Gotta make hay this year. 

The good old (dark) days of not having to pay a good qb top $$ is gone...

I don't see how Minnesota will be able to afford him. I mean, do we go for Reiff-Easton-Elflein-Remmers-O'Neill next year as the starting O-line or do they try and upgrade maybe at guard?

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I wondered how he was doing this year.  You dont hear his name mentioned very often.  This is good news.
I will have to take Zim's word on it.  I don't see it.  Could this be a bit of positive reinforcement?

Quote: @greediron said:
@ThunderGod said:
I will have to take Zim's word on it.  I don't see it.  Could this be a bit of positive reinforcement?
Well, since PFF has him as the highest rated player on our defense, I'm guessing there's more to it than just positive reinforcement. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@ThunderGod said:
Well, since PFF has him as the highest rated player on our defense, I'm guessing there's more to it than just positive reinforcement. 
hahaha, yes PFF...

Kidding, sort of.  Our defense is certainly playing better.  Just haven't seen the plays from Sheldon.  But I haven't really watched any film either.