Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Think We Have A RT
When Reiff returns, Hill should grab some pine...I see a ton more from O'Neil in the run game than Hill...seems better in pass pro too...

agreed...!

agreed. LT-C-RT is locked down. 

Need to figure out the best two Gs out of the 4 that are available

O'Neill played maybe his best overall game for sure, but really well in the run game which was a weakness. He just keeps getting better with every minute of play time.

A keeper for sure. He's come a long way in a short time. I think I like Hill better at LT backup.

I was at the game today and specifically tried to watch him.  From what I saw he was the best offensive lineman out there today.  He was more than solid.

Hill is absolute trash and it doesn't matter which side of the line you play him. He doesn't move his feet, he lunges and grabs with his lazy technique, he stands straight up in pass protection and has zero leverage or strength. He flat out sucks and I'm tired of the Vikings giving him chance after chance. He better be benched once Reiff returns. 

O'Neill has been fantastic so far. He is one of the few offensive line picks that Rick should be credited for. I definitely voiced my displeasure over taking O'Neill because it reeked of desperation by the Vikings who found themselves without a legitimate O Line starter when the run on OLineman occurred. He was the project and Hughes was the gifted corner we just couldn't pass up. With it looking like Hughes is done for the year, thank God for O'Neill being ready to play faster than anyone expected.  

I expect the longer term plan is for O’Neill to become the left tackle.  With his quick feet and long arms I think that’s where he projects to be.

I thought O'Neil looked awful in the first half. At one point he was getting run over almost every play. I guess I don't see it. 

Quote: @TBro said:
Hill is absolute trash and it doesn't matter which side of the line you play him. He doesn't move his feet, he lunges and grabs with his lazy technique, he stands straight up in pass protection and has zero leverage or strength. He flat out sucks and I'm tired of the Vikings giving him chance after chance. He better be benched once Reiff returns. 

O'Neill has been fantastic so far. He is one of the few offensive line picks that Rick should be credited for. I definitely voiced my displeasure over taking O'Neill because it reeked of desperation by the Vikings who found themselves without a legitimate O Line starter when the run on OLineman occurred. He was the project and Hughes was the gifted corner we just couldn't pass up. With it looking like Hughes is done for the year, thank God for O'Neill being ready to play faster than anyone expected.  
I re-watched the entire first half an focused on Hill when on offense and Weatherly when on D. 
 You are right about Hill.  He is barely holding in own on pass protection.  On the pass block he can only slide with the outside rusher so far and then looses him.  Hopefully he has stayed withhis man long enough that the rusher has no affect on Cousins.
 On run protection he doesn't sustain blocks, has trouble really moving his man, and has no strength.  He did help block on the first running TD by Murray but there was all kinds of help on that hole so that he only played a minor role in the block.
He gave up the strip for the TD and allowed pressure on Cousins on 3rd down right before the half to kill a drive.  He does not pursue a play once his job is done.  When the strip occurred I saw B. Oneil chasing the play down the field but Hill was done.
One word summary would be that he looks "lazy".
Weatherly didn't really impress me either but some of his play responsibility was to protect the back side for cut backs, etc.   Hunter is definitely the impact end.  He slides along the line when the flow goes away from him and you often find him on the opposite of the field from where he started.  This allows him to be the second man in on tackles. Very active and involved.  Similar to how Joseph always seems to be near the ball.

he looks lazy slow and lunging to recover