Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I was in a car accident
Glad your ok...I'd urge you to speak to an attorney before you sign anything with anyone including insurance. See how you feel the next day or so and I suspect you've seen a dr already...

I would also suggest going over your car with a fine tooth comb once it is fixed.  I have had two accidents in my life.  Once I was rear ended at a light (lady wasn't paying attention) and one was a "T-bone" at a light when the other drive pulled out from behind a city bus and ran the red light.
When I was rear ended, I found later that the bench seat in the front wouldn't slide properly.  When I was T-boned, I found that the doors on the opposite side of the car never closed quite properly again.

Wow, things could’ve been way more serious.  Sounds like it’s all going to get better.  Glad to hear you’re on the mend, VG.  

Good to hear things turned out Ok for PWhizz too.

Glad you're ok. I've had one in slow motion once. After it was over it felt surreal. I was stopped and watched her coming in my mirror. Thinking to myself, its going to happen, I can't stop it, hang on. Then I heard her brakes lock and boom. You think back after and say how could so many things rush through my mind in what was only seconds. I've been real lucky...knock knock knock... I haven't been in many. I tried to count a while back how many vehicles I've had in my life. I went through a lot when I was young. Got bored with them easy or had more then one at a time. A few got wrecked. One with my wife driving it. I've had over 30. Some I've really liked others I really didn't. Point is every one of them were replaceable. The one my wife was in when it got destroyed the whole drive to get to her at the hospital I wasn't thinking. How is my truck? Thank God you are only bumped up hopefully your neck won't bother you. If you really like this car I'm glad it will get fixed.

Quote: @Purplewhizz said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Purplewhizz said:
A couple months ago I was rear-ended when I stopped for a pedestrian.  I was not injured even thougn the guy never slowed down.  Car was totaled and I just finally bought a new one a couple of weeks ago.  it was also a quick claim and they gave me great settlement.  I was surprised it went so well.
I am sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok and got a great settlement. It's crazy that your car was totaled when you were rear-ended. 
I was hit at about 35 MPH.  It bent the frame, lots of damage.  It is amazing I was unharmed - not evena. sore neck.  I had a 2102 Ford Fusion with 80,000 miles and they gave me $9800.
you had a car from the future and they only gave you 10k??  Smile. Smile

Glad you're ok VG

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@Purplewhizz said:
@Vikergirl said:
@Purplewhizz said:
A couple months ago I was rear-ended when I stopped for a pedestrian.  I was not injured even thougn the guy never slowed down.  Car was totaled and I just finally bought a new one a couple of weeks ago.  it was also a quick claim and they gave me great settlement.  I was surprised it went so well.
I am sorry to hear that. Glad you are ok and got a great settlement. It's crazy that your car was totaled when you were rear-ended. 
I was hit at about 35 MPH.  It bent the frame, lots of damage.  It is amazing I was unharmed - not evena. sore neck.  I had a 2102 Ford Fusion with 80,000 miles and they gave me $9800.
you had a car from the future and they only gave you 10k??  Smile. Smile
Ha ha.  2012.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Glad your ok...I'd urge you to speak to an attorney before you sign anything with anyone including insurance. See how you feel the next day or so and I suspect you've seen a dr already...

This. I was in a car accident in February. We were rear ended approaching a stop light. Young guy came flying over the hill, not paying attention, admitted he was trying to grab the burger he just bought at McDonald's. It was a 1998 Buick Century (my old and lovely car,  Rosie) versus his 3/4 ton Chevy Silverado with a lift kit. He hit us going around 35-40. Smashed the entire back end of my car in with the worst of the impact on the driver's side. My son was sitting behind me in the back. The back end was pushed up to right behind his head. God was definitely watching over us that night.
But anyway, back to what I bolded...we have all had residual aches and pains since. I've been going to physical therapy, my son to the chiropractor, and my friend who was in the front passenger has been seeing PT and the chiropractor as well. After totaling my car, Progressive offered $1,250 in bodily injury and I did not sign it. Eight months later, we are all still hurting. I'd at least talk to a lawyer, VG. Stuff like this can hang on and affect life for longer than you think.
Very glad you were not seriously injured, VG, but please don't ignore the pain you do have.

Very glad it wasn't worse, and I hope you recover ASAFP.

Blessings to you, VG. I am glad to hear that you are mostly well.