Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fanbase needs to get used to it.
Our fanbase is not used to this kind of treatment so we are apologetic and not sure how to react.

It has been a long time since we have had a premier QB one that the NFL wants to keep upright and playing.  We have seen this type of treatment over and over given to 
Aaron Rodgers
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan 
Ben Roethlisberger 
and the list goes on....

These premier, feature QB's have for almost a decade or more gotten the calls.  You know the ones where the Vikings defense breath on the QB and a flag gets thrown.

Now our fanbase and team has a premiere high end QB that the NFL wants to keep playing.  A guy that causes TV sets to get turned on and people watching so the NFL wants to keep him playing and he is going to get a few calls he does not deserve.  

We aren't used to it but we need to stop apologizing and enjoy the fact that now we have a QB that will actually get some roughing calls.  Poor Clay Matthews and Michael Bennett will just have to adjust their game.

I am not going to apologize for the win, but will still say that was a shit call.

Funny thing tho, the next play on the TD, Bennett took Cousins down around the throat after the pass.  So I don't think it entered trash Bennett's mind to clean his game up any.

Every Viking's game, except for Buffalo which was a shit show, the announcers have been gushing over Cousins. He's played like a top 10 QB without a doubt so far. The team should be 3-2. If they can continue to keep tinkering on defense to get that unit back to being dialed in, Minnesota will be a tough team to play. 

my thoughts exactly we need a little tweeking because we have a QB now that will give us consitant high end play.

wow did we make the right decision to take Cousins over Keenam.

Quote: @greediron said:
I am not going to apologize for the win, but will still say that was a shit call.

Funny thing tho, the next play on the TD, Bennett took Cousins down around the throat after the pass.  So I don't think it entered trash Bennett's mind to clean his game up any.
I noticed the "clothes line" tackle last night when reviewing the highlights.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000971547/Vikings-vs-Eagles-highlights-Week-5

While some say it should not have been a penalty, I have seen our guys called for similar plays. He went low.

I make no apologies. It's about damn time this team get some breaks and the ball bouncing their way. If some people don't like it, they can suck it. I absolutely love seeing Cousins throw that deep ball. It's friggin beautiful. He made some great throws while taking some shots too. 

I forgot about that bad call we got. It's drowned out by the clutter of awful call that went against us for years. I make no apologies. I guess if they need some advice any Viking fan can tell them. Deal with it.