Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will we see any changes in the Offensive Line this week?
Why would they need to change up the worst offensive line in football?  It is the Viking way after all.

Hopefully 3/5ths of a new line in 2019.

After the Eagles game, I'm hopeful we will finally see some changes in the OLine. 

-Hill at RT is just not working. He routinely was beat by Graham as the game went on. O'neill seemed to settle things down when the switch happened. Hill is just not comfortable on the right side and makes way too many mistakes. His awareness on stunts and blitzes is really bad, and he just isn't improving. 

-O'Neill has outperformed Hill every time he has gotten a chance to fill in. To be able to come in during a game and perform the way he has is very encouraging for his long term potential. He needs to be the full time starter. 

-Remmers was just god awful again. He got bull rushed right into Cousins on the long pass to Thielen in the 2nd half. I have no idea how Cousins was able to make that throw. He got completely blown up by Cox on the 1st and goal running play that led to a big tackle for loss. The Combo of Remmers and O'Neill is working better than Remmers and Hill, but I'm at a loss here with what to do with him. Despite what the coaches think, he performs much better at RT. 

-Reiff's foot injury is concerning. Since the team really hasn't divulged what it is, and it seems to flare up every game over the past few weeks, this could be bad news. Hill has played well at LT when he has gotten an opportunity to fill in so I think it would make sense to shut Reiff down for a week or two and see if he can heal. Hill is definitely performing better than a banged up Reiff. Eagles were without Barnett yesterday which could have made things look much worse than they were. Bennett found his way to Cousins too many times yesterday for my comfort level if I'm Zimmer and Flip to keep rolling out a banged up Reiff. 

-Elf: Clearly the time away for Elf has diminished his strength. He is getting beat with a lot of power moves. I'm sure this will improve as the season goes on. A healthy Elf makes a big difference in our running game so hopefully we can see him regain his power sooner rather than later. 

-Compton: As much as I have ragged on Compton lately and demanded he be replaced, I didn't notice him very much yesterday on pass protection break downs. Fortunately for him Ngata was out so that may have been why.
He still is having zero impact in the running game and frequently misses blockers when he is asked to work in space. I still think Jones or Isadora should get an opportunity here. 

Is the O-Line's one major strength endurance?

That last drive they were finally opening holes up the middle for positive rushing yards while the Eagles looked gassed.

Maybe the strategy is not to roll with the 5 best guys but instead roll with guys who will still be fresh in the 4th Quarter?

All kidding aside the Guard play sucks. Jones and Izzy must be napping during practice.

PA just mentioned on KFAN that Hill took all the first team reps at LT and O'Neill at RT last week as they were trying to rest Reiff and hope he would be able to play well in the Eagles game. As I mentioned above, I think that Hill is more comfortable at LT. He needs to continue to start at LT until Reiff is healthy. O'Neill is doing well at RT and should remain the starter moving forward. He does so much better than Hill at containing the Speed Rushers off the edge. He has the athletic ability and quickness to neutralize the edge speed rush. Hill isn't using his feet and resorts to grabbing and lunging with his arms and it's just terrible technique.