Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Vikings long snapper Kevin McDermott lost tip of finger caught in helmet
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...in-helmet/

Ouch.  And to come back and snap after that? 

Ohhhh ughh....I definitely know how he feels. I lost the tip of my right ring finger a few years ago. I had my hand braced against door trim as I was slipping a shoe on. My son came running and opened and then slammed the door shut. Apparently my fingertip was resting between the door and the frame...it chewed it right off. Had surgery to repair the tip and it has been numb on the end ever since. It was painful as hell...felt worse than labor pain! So many little nerve endings in your fingertips...I couldn't work for 6 weeks after that happened (I'm a medical transcriptionist).

Quote: @prairieghost said:
Ohhhh ughh....I definitely know how he feels. I lost the tip of my right ring finger a few years ago. I had my hand braced against door trim as I was slipping a shoe on. My son came running and opened and then slammed the door shut. Apparently my fingertip was resting between the door and the frame...it chewed it right off. Had surgery to repair the tip and it has been numb on the end ever since. It was painful as hell...felt worse than labor pain! So many little nerve endings in your fingertips...I couldn't work for 6 weeks after that happened (I'm a medical transcriptionist).
I shot a framing nail right into the end of my finger and that hurt like hell (through a 2x4 so I was nailed to the damn wall)  it went straight in from the tip and smacked bone,  it was screwed up for over a year before I could use it without issue.   also sliced the tip of my thumb off with a razor blade about 30 years ago,  both still burn like hell with only a little cold.  its amazing my hands even still work after all the broken fingers and other abuses.  

Right pointer finger cut off and re-attached to a skillsaw with a bad bushing started vibrating and back kicked over my finger---right middle finger a guy dropped a 920 loader bucket on while I was training a new kid on proper procedures to working a 3 man system to safely move freight in the yard.  And finally left greater toe and second toe crushed in a mining accident when a guy didn't have a set of D11 rails(3000lbs) strapped on to the forklift When that lands on your foot it will get our attention

Not nearly as serious, but much sillier, than your stories: I've still got the scar on my right thumb from when I was 10 when I cut it on a tuna can lid. Was trying to be nice and make tuna sandwiches for supper. Showed my mom and she saw it was cut nearly to the bone.  Wrap thumb, squeeze together tightly, and off to the ER.  

I didn't even know he was Jewish.

My brothers friend lost a finger dunking a basketball.
he was wearing a ring, dunked the ball.
the ring hooked on that lip thing that you weave the net through on the rim.....and POP.

He grabbed a towel, wrapped it up then he went running to his car to go to the hospital.
the ring and finger were still up there.  They knocked it down and went after him with it, but to no avail, couldn't be re-attached. 

This is was in the late ''70s.

We had a kid do that by climbing a chainlink fence .  He swung over the fence and tried to let go hooked the ring and pop no finger.

Spielman will probably want to cut his pay now....!  Confused Wink

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
I didn't even know he was Jewish.

My brothers friend lost a finger dunking a basketball.
he was wearing a ring, dunked the ball.
the ring hooked on that lip thing that you weave the net through on the rim.....and POP.

He grabbed a towel, wrapped it up then he went running to his car to go to the hospital.
the ring and finger were still up there.  They knocked it down and went after him with it, but to no avail, couldn't be re-attached. 

This is was in the late ''70s.
I had an uncle lose a finger due to his weeding ring when it got caught on a couch he was handing out of the back of a truck and the guys on the ground dropped it.  My dad nearly had his burnt off when wrench he was using grounded out against a live wire through his wring....

Side note..
I've been married 24 years and maybe have worn my wedding ring a total of 30 times... I just can't get comfortable with something that can take my finger off so easily.

my brother lost the tip of his pinky. grain auger. dumbass was old enough to kniw better. lol

I have all my parts except a gallblader.