Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not sure what more Kirk Cousins is supposed to do....
10 TDs and only 2 INTs. Almost 1400 yards and a passer rating of 103.6. If someone had told me that this would be his stat line after 4 games, I'd have guaranteed the Vikings would be 4-0. No run game and an injured offensive line he's doing this despite that. The defense has been inconsistent and last night was atrocious. Exposed. They go out and sign this guy because they felt its what was missing and they were right about him. He's been great. What a shame to waste this kind of production and this kind of stellar QB play. His look-off of the safety on Thielen's TD was a damn thing of beauty. 

So much for being part of the NFC elite. Not the way this defense is playing and not without a run game. There are no moral victories or 'they sure looked better' last night crap for a team all in on getting to the Superbowl. Any other talk is just the same ol' rationalizations that fans do every year. I think their immediate goal now is try to compete for the NFCN title. Road games against the Bears and Lions will be tough and NFC losses are killer (Rams last night and Philly on the horizon). 

Both Gs need to be benched...Remmers is completely out of his depth...our 100 million plus D looks like horse shit...

It has really been the defense that has consistently stunk up the joint every week.  

Compton's name was called a lot last night....and not in a good way.  Good lord, he was doing his best saloon door impression last night and almost got Cousins killed.  That O line needs an enema.  Confused 

what's happened to the defense is shocking. 

I felt like I was watching Geoff George and the 1999 Vikings going into to play the greatest show on turf. 

OC's are making this defensive team look slow and old. Lack of running game exposing the D and poor Capt'n Kirk. 

D players need to shoulder some of this too - shameful. 

Perhaps hold onto the ball instead of putting it on the ground?  Perhaps move around in the pocket?  

I know you guys are thrilled to have a QB that produces stats...  I like Ws more than numbers. Cousins has put the ball on the turf and cost us more games than he’s won for us in this young season.  He has to make better ball control choices to avoid critical turnovers.  Only two INTs but add three lost fumbles(two inside our 25 last game) and that’s 5 turnovers in 4 games.

Sure our D is sucking too... but the D wasn’t mentioned in the title of the thread.  

Completely disagree @Bezerker88... Kirk has put this team in position to win 2 of the last 3 games (at least kept the team within striking distance). Not sure how you can argue that Cousins has cost us games?

Without Cousins slinging it like he has against Green Bay and the Rams, this team had zero chance of winning either game.

These losses are a combo of the defense sucking hind teat, no run game, special teams and less than adequate o-line. IMO anyway.

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:
Perhaps hold onto the ball instead of putting it on the ground?  Perhaps move around in the pocket?  

I know you guys are thrilled to have a QB that produces stats...  I like Ws more than numbers. Cousins has put the ball on the turf and cost us more games than he’s won for us in this young season.  He has to make better ball control choices to avoid critical turnovers.  Only two INTs but add three lost fumbles(two inside our 25 last game) and that’s 5 turnovers in 4 games.

Sure our D is sucking too... but the D wasn’t mentioned in the title of the thread.  
I don't get this response at all, but I've learned a long time ago that fans get stuck on weird stuff. No run game. The offensive line is inconsistent and subpar. Missed FGs lost one game. The defense is $%^&ing horrible. Yet some want to bag on Cousins. Its ridiculous.  :#

Quote: @Bezerker88 said:

You have a garbage Oline- and you make our QB drop back 50+ times a game- and you have a defense that cannot stop anyone- bad things are bound to happen eventually- he has to sit in there and try to make plays, because punting is as good as a pick 6 against us right now with the defense we have! 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Bezerker88 said:

I don't get this response at all, but I've learned a long time ago that fans get stuck on weird stuff. No run game. The offensive line is inconsistent and subpar. Missed FGs lost one game. The defense is $%^&ing horrible. Yet some want to bag on Cousins. Its ridiculous.  :#

Yeah, I don’t get it either.  Zero run game and put up 31 points.  Put up 29 against Green Bay and twice had them in position to win.  Those efforts should produce Ws except for things he cannot control.