Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings coach upset at NFL for short-week trip to L.A.
I agree with him Thursday night games should only be for teams coming off a bye. It puts teams in a bad situation. 

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I agree with him Thursday night games should only be for teams coming off a bye. It puts teams in a bad situation. 
coming off a bye or at the very least within the same time zone,  no more than a 90 minute flight so the prep isnt as disrupted.   The Vikings basically had only 1 day of game week prep at their facility (Tuesday)  Monday is a rehab day and they flew out tuesday evening to give them a couple full days to get adjusted in an attempt to shake the 2 time zone jump.

I really thought I would love another NFL game on Thursdays, but they are complete garbage and they can't go away fast enough.  Unfortunately, that will never happen as the NFL has shown they will never walk away from money on the table for any reason.

Do you think for one second that the Rams care?  Nope, neither do I.  While it's a legit gripe, Zim may also be using this to light a fire for the team.  Let's hope it works.

SKOL!

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I have to admit I was surprised, this doesn't sound like Zim the warrior to me. 

Then again, I heard that teams playing on Thursday night games that had to travel 2 time zones are 0/10...Something like that. 
This is akin to a coach chewing on the ref's ear after a bad penalty.  It doesn't change the bad call, but it does have a psychological effect.  Someone at the league will hear about it and I will be we have our Thursday game at home next year. 

Quote: @SFVikingFan said:
I really thought I would love another NFL game on Thursdays, but they are complete garbage and they can't go away fast enough.  Unfortunately, that will never happen as the NFL has shown they will never walk away from money on the table for any reason.
But SFV, I've been told by Commish Baddell that the NFL is really, really, REALLY concerned about player health and safety. Wink

Quote: @FessVike said:
Ha Vanguard I am going to guess you are an old viking fan like me
Me too!!  Remember it well B)  As far as Thursday night games, they suck.  Just another example of the NFL not giving a shit about the players.

Quote: @greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:

Then again, I heard that teams playing on Thursday night games that had to travel 2 time zones are 0/10...Something like that. 
This is akin to a coach chewing on the ref's ear after a bad penalty.  It doesn't change the bad call, but it does have a psychological effect.  Someone at the league will hear about it and I will be we have our Thursday game at home next year. 
Very true, but isn't some of that psychological effect for the coach's own team? "Hey, coach is sticking up for us even when the refs are against us, let's pull together!" That's strong while in the heat of a game, but I'm not sure what effect a mid-week rant has on the players. Maybe he's trying to give his team an us-against-the-world motivation, but that could backfire into, "Even the league office is against us, what's the point..."

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@greediron said:
@purplefaithful said:

Very true, but isn't some of that psychological effect for the coach's own team? "Hey, coach is sticking up for us even when the refs are against us, let's pull together!" That's strong while in the heat of a game, but I'm not sure what effect a mid-week rant has on the players. Maybe he's trying to give his team an us-against-the-world motivation, but that could backfire into, "Even the league office is against us, what's the point..."
If we are into speculating about how players may take hypothetical motivation, then we are truly in trouble.