Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Everson Griffen involved in weekend incident at Minneapolis hotel
Quote: @Vanguard83 said:
Has anyone asked the question....
"What may have touched him off?"

from my understanding... the possibilities are endless.  way way to many potential triggers to speculate.

Quote: @Vanguard83 said:

With mental illness, its usually some kind of paranoia that isn't real. There isn't some kind of trigger generally, unless you are talking about a disgruntled worker or ex-husband who loses it and goes nuts. Everson was saying that someone was 'trying to kill him' and then later got out of the ambulance because 'someone was trying to shoot him'. Those things obviously weren't happening, but to him they were quite real in the moment.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Vanguard83 said:

With mental illness, its usually some kind of paranoia that isn't real. There isn't some kind of trigger generally, unless you are talking about a disgruntled worker or ex-husband who loses it and goes nuts. Everson was saying that someone was 'trying to kill him' and then later got out of the ambulance because 'someone was trying to shoot him'. Those things obviously weren't happening, but to him they were quite real in the moment.
but something triggered the whole de-escalating mental episode that had been coming down over the past week or so.  Heard a story about a hockey player having a mental breakdown that was triggered by a mild concussion but stemmed back to childhood trauma... scary shit our noodle can be.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@Vanguard83 said:

but something triggered the whole de-escalating mental episode that had been coming down over the past week or so.  Heard a story about a hockey player having a mental breakdown that was triggered by a mild concussion but stemmed back to childhood trauma... scary shit our noodle can be.
It may be physical, like a blow to the head, sure. But its generally a lot more mysterious with no stressor and just happens. But being that Griffen is a football player, yeah it may have been some kind of stimulus. But Griffen suffered from mental issues when he was younger, so I guess its hard to say. Its usually just this descent out of nowhere. It doesn't apply to Griffen now, but one of the triggers for depression or other mental illnesses is puberty. 

I just think it is unwise to speculate about it.  Mental health conditions have so many possible sources, and really it isn't that important for me to guess at the why.  Just hope he is okay and getting help.

Appreciate the insight. 

Quote: @greediron said:
I just think it is unwise to speculate about it.  Mental health conditions have so many possible sources, and really it isn't that important for me to guess at the why.  Just hope he is okay and getting help.
Its not hurting anyone to speculate on a Viking message board. If you don't want to guess or discuss, that's very cool. But its fine for others to, we all understand we have no idea for sure. There are no definites in this other than its very sad and we all hope he'll be ok.

agreed.  Just stating my opinion on it.  Lots of things pop into my head, but I just don't feel right voicing them when he has serious issues going on.  Not saying anyone is out of line, yours and jimmy's were quite insightful.

Quote: @greediron said:
agreed.  Just stating my opinion on it.  Lots of things pop into my head, but I just don't feel right voicing them when he has serious issues going on.  Not saying anyone is out of line, yours and jimmy's were quite insightful.
I understand completely, its all good. 

ITs just sad and mental health issues are real for many of us and or our loved ones too...Yah, these situations can be quite complicated and we may never know the entire truth. Not sure we're entitled to hear it either. 

And as much as we genuinely wish the best for EG and his family, we're all thinking deep down "Viking fans cant have nice things" too.