Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zylstra Getting #3 Snaps This Sunday?
I'm wonding if we get to see the Minnesota boy, Zylstra, getting some opportunities as the #3 on Sunday.  Treadwell has proven those throws on the slants come in too hot for him to handle, so I would think Zylstra should get his turn; especially with Coley getting cut.

I'd like to see how Zylstra handles that job.  He's another big target, and I could see him doing well there.

I don't really think that Treadwell can't catch slants, as much as I think he needs to just focus on catching the ball before running, but I'm totally fine with giving Zylstra more snaps and letting the  guys prove it on the field.

I don’t know, from what I’ve read, it sounds like they’re carrying on w/ Treadwell as if the bad shit didn’t happen? We shall see... trying positive reinforcement I guess. When it comes to this guy I feel like Sergeant Schultz...  Wink B)

Well I guess if we start to see Kirk lobbing the ball underhanded to Treadwell so he won't hurt his fingers (like in OT last week), and he still has the drops, then hopefully we can safely say this experiment is over.  B)

I really hope Zylstra makes some plays.  He certainly did north of the border.

Zylstra is gonna Wally Pipp him I say...!  B) 

One has to figure they'd at least start working him in more...  Right?  He may be just proven against lesser competition, he's still proven more than Treadwell on a professional field.

Quote: @medaille said:
I don't really think that Treadwell can't catch slants, as much as I think he needs to just focus on catching the ball before running, but I'm totally fine with giving Zylstra more snaps and letting the  guys prove it on the field.
He can catch them, he just takes his eyes off the ball. He is looking downfield before he catches it. It drives me nuts. I think it would be good to see Zylstra. 

Quote: @HappyViking said:
Well I guess if we start to see Kirk lobbing the ball underhanded to Treadwell so he won't hurt his fingers (like in OT last week), and he still has the drops, then hopefully we can safely say this experiment is over.  B)

So have a lot of other guys not talented enough to play pro ball.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@HappyViking said:

So have a lot of other guys not talented enough to play pro ball.
Zylstra made the roster, so he must have some NFL level qualities about him.  I'm not sure Treadwell is any more talented than Zylstra.  Hope we get to find out if Zylstra can play, because the #3 spot at WR is kind of a mess.  Diggs and AT better stay healthy.

Hopefully someone nancy kerrigan's his ass so we can move on from this failed experiment