Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rumor that Baker Mayfield may be starting tonight in Cleveland
Quote: @StickyBun said:
Mayfield came in and gave that team a big spark and jump in energy, you could see it. He's a natural leader and upbeat presence. Yet of course the media is overreacting and the hyperbole is flying, he's going to be up and down. But I don't see how you can go back now, Mayfield is the man moving forward. You can see that there's talent on that Cleveland roster. 
Ya think? It's ridiculous. Browns played two playoff teams in weeks one and two. They tied the Steelers in a game where a missed field goal by Gonzalez would've won it. They then went INTO New Orleans and lost by three points in a game they should've won, with Gonzalez missing TWO extra points and TWO field goals. But the narrative will be "oh my, Baker!" Now, Baker played OK and he could very well go on to be league MVP for all I know (or care), but the truth is that the Browns are a much better team this year no matter who's QB. I predicted 8-8 for them before the season and I think they might be even better than that.  

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Mayfield came in and gave that team a big spark and jump in energy, you could see it. He's a natural leader and upbeat presence. Yet of course the media is overreacting and the hyperbole is flying, he's going to be up and down. But I don't see how you can go back now, Mayfield is the man moving forward. You can see that there's talent on that Cleveland roster. 
Ya think? It's ridiculous. Browns played two playoff teams in weeks one and two. They tied the Steelers in a game where a missed field goal by Gonzalez would've won it. They then went INTO New Orleans and lost by three points in a game they should've won, with Gonzalez missing TWO extra points and TWO field goals. But the narrative will be "oh my, Baker!" Now, Baker played OK and he could very well go on to be league MVP for all I know (or care), but the truth is that the Browns are a much better team this year no matter who's QB. I predicted 8-8 for them before the season and I think they might be even better than that.  
You're right as rain, MB.  With all the premium draft picks they've accumulated over the past few years, they've built a very, very good D.  Their O is beginning to gel, too.  I'm still not sold on their HC Jackson, but management is seemingly getting its act together.  Combined with the decline of the Steelers, they could be rising at the right time.