Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you believe this garbage- and that our former players are part of it?
Quote: @Bullazin said:
@IDVikingfan said:
@Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
theres alot more of this as you know in the apostolic writings.  i think our religion is pretty clear on this subject of caring for the sick
Yes, it is: WE as individuals.  Not "we" as corporations (or governments).  Jesus didn't "outsource" the work of His Kingdom; He called US to do it.  Therefore, if you believe that the HOFers should be getting taken care of, YOU should be the one doing it.  You can't actually think that the Apostles saw the needs of the people... and then forced OTHER people to take care of them.  They, themselves, took it upon themselves to care for the sick.
If you think that businesses and governments ought to be obligated by the Christian faith to follow the teachings of Christ, then you can't stop just with "economic /social justice" issues.  That theocratic rule would also apply to same-sex relationships (not just marriages), abortion, divorce, teaching Darwinian evolution in schools, banning prayer, etc...

But since we live in a representative republic (in theory, anyway), we don't make our laws submit to Biblical laws.  Sometimes they agree with the moral virtues of Christianity; sometimes they don't.  But we're not a theocracy.  On the other hand, we (as Christians) are the Church (which is an extension of Christ's rule on earth).  So, if you want to say that the Church should be caring for the sick, I'd agree with you.
And herein lies the problem.  YOU of all people want to separate the secular from the Word.  Its blasphemy, plain and simple.   You try hard to turn it back onto others, its so laughable.  “If only the unbelievers werent so lost in their queer behavior and beliefs and were consistent”. LOL you have no clue what Jesus is about.  And every time you try to assert your your secular beliefs, marginalize or minimize or critisize, which are hallmarks of your belief system, you make all Christians look bad

Jesus set the example.  Try and justify it however you want, but theres no hiding from the truth.  So dont hide, dont obfuscate and for Gods sake stop with the blasphemy from your position of leadership
I have no idea what Jesus was about?  Interesting.  Why don't you tell me then.  And, while you're at it, why don't you tell me why "others" are supposed to follow some of Jesus' teachings- and not others?
Im a slow learner but i think i finally figured out why “”Christians” fail so badly in recognizing what Jesus and the Gospel are really about.  Its all there in red pumpf in the gospels.  You and many “Christians are not BROKEN.   You are good people from good families with good intentions, but until you are broken-  poor in spirit, meek, humble, peaceful,  you cannot truly know Jesus.  Its a sideline to many pumpf, imcluding you by what you profess.  Its hard to blame you.  God did not blind you on the road to damascus, he didnt appear to you in a burning bush. You dont think Moses and Saul were alpha strong leaders?  You never suffered in the garden or faced Satan alone in near starvation in the desert.  Read the red pumpf, dont be blinded to what he said by our attmept to
rarionalize out needs for pride, power, righteousness
So what's your story Bullazin?  Your posts read as "no one reads the gospels as clearly as you do", "no one follows Christ's teaching as closely and as infallibly as you do".  Interesting that you would claim the ability to discern if others are poor in spirit, meek, humble and peaceful.  Perhaps you should remove the log from your own first... 
im just a voice ID.  i dont get paid a dime to share my beliefs.  i dont need a following or fame or even one “like” , because despite all my sins and failures, ive been broken in spirit and to me its the only way to live my faith. 

Edit: All manner of atrocity has been and still is committed in the name of Christianity.  To me an atrocity is the failure of christians or christian leaders to live and profess a christlike manner.  In blurring the focus away from the gospel and encouraging behavoirs and that have nothing to do with how christ lived such as violence, wealth accumulation, self importance  and class condemnation is blasphemous
Where have you heard a Christian church encouraging behaviors such as violence, wealth accumulation, self importance, and class condemnation?  Think of Christ's words, the two greatest commandments.  Yes, I've I have heard "Love the Lord" and "Love your neighbor as yourself" many times but never the behaviors you suggest are common.

Quote: @pumpf said:
All that being said, doesn't it bother anyone that the HOF'ers are ONLY asking for these things for themselves- not the entire league?
This is the only thing I agree with you on.

Aside from that, siding with these scumbag owners that shake hands with scumbag TV networks that charge us - the fans - exorbitant amounts of money... I just don't get you.

Just because the system is set up a certain way and it's all legal doesn't make it right. Jeff Bezos earned $160 billion. I won't even use quotes. He definitely earned it. Doesn't make him having that amount of money and what he pays his workers right. Wasn't there something about a camel and the eye of a needle? 

Quote: @KingBash said:
@pumpf said:
All that being said, doesn't it bother anyone that the HOF'ers are ONLY asking for these things for themselves- not the entire league?

Aside from that, siding with these scumbag owners that shake hands with scumbag TV networks that charge us - the fans - exorbitant amounts of money... I just don't get you.

Just because the system is set up a certain way and it's all legal doesn't make it right. Jeff Bezos earned $160 billion. I won't even use quotes. He definitely earned it. Doesn't make him having that amount of money and what he pays his workers right. Wasn't there something about a camel and the eye of a needle? 
I'm not siding with them because they are scum-bags.  I'm not sure that all of them (or even most of them) are.  I'm against the idea of demanding money from others just because they can afford it.  Doesn't matter who is the one doing the demanding or who is the one with all the money.  For me, it is a matter of principle.  For me, it's akin to supporting the right of someone to say the kinds of things that I would be diametrically opposed to.  I may not like what they say, but I will support their right to say it.  Likewise, unless the owners are doing something illegal, I don't think that they "owe" anything to former players.  If they want to give more money to the former players, that would be great and admirable.  If the NFLPA wants to include former players in their future negotiations, I support that, too.  I just don't happen to think that anyone owes anything to anyone, other than what they may have already promised to give/pay them.

I find it strange that some would automatically come down on the side of the players.  They have millions, too- but no one seems to think that they "owe" the former players anything.  Plus, they (the players) are at least part of the reason why costs to go to / watch games is as high as it is.  Why do they get a pass?  Yes, they are the ones putting their bodies on the line... but they are being compensated for that risk, too.  Maybe they aren't being compensated enough for that- but that is a matter for the NFLPA to negotiate, not "the mob" to mandate.  By the way, alot of owners have made sacrifices, too, in order to get where they are.  Why don't their sacrifices matter?

Just out of curiosity. ...how may of today's owners were the same owners or even family of owners when these agrieved vets were playing?  I mean where does the liability end?  Why should the Wilfs be paying for issues that took place under ownership 2 or 3 changes before  they took over?  

Honestly the only ones I can say for sure that could be responsible would be the Davis and Hunt familes...amd of course those thousands of "FAN / OWNERS"  in cheeseland.  The rest have changed hands since the 80s no?

And... just for fun:
https://babylonbee.com/news/progressive-...hristlike/
This reminds me of a conservative talk show host in Denver in the late 90s who would make fun of "liberals" who would call in with outrageous positions on things. In reality it was just him disguising his voice. The show was hugely popular, even among people who knew it was fake. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
This reminds me of a conservative talk show host in Denver in the late 90s who would make fun of "liberals" who would call in with outrageous positions on things. In reality it was just him disguising his voice. The show was hugely popular, even among people who knew it was fake. 
Sounds like Colbert ripped off this guy's schtick.

@KingBash said:
@pumpf said:

I'm against the idea of demanding money from others just because they can afford it.

My browser is having trouble pointing out my response, so I'm only responding to the bolded portion.

I don't have problem with that. And this is where common sense comes in. I have a problem with billionaires running life. I'm not talking about the middle class choosing that. I want to vote my public officials into power where they can tax the rich. The ULTRA-rich. That's not you, dude. That's not me. That's not anybody on this board. 

And the NFL owners are the ultra rich. ... I've deleted my response I just wrote because of board rules. But I think men who earn billions can pay the unsung men (practice squad, etc) enough to live to audition for their entertainment, more. 

I'd love to go on a rant about this, but it's best I just watch Cleveland cost me a bet. (Shit!)