Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you believe this garbage- and that our former players are part of it?
Quote: @pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
theres alot more of this as you know in the apostolic writings.  i think our religion is pretty clear on this subject of caring for the sick
Yes, it is: WE as individuals.  Not "we" as corporations (or governments).  Jesus didn't "outsource" the work of His Kingdom; He called US to do it.  Therefore, if you believe that the HOFers should be getting taken care of, YOU should be the one doing it.  You can't actually think that the Apostles saw the needs of the people... and then forced OTHER people to take care of them.  They, themselves, took it upon themselves to care for the sick.
If you think that businesses and governments ought to be obligated by the Christian faith to follow the teachings of Christ, then you can't stop just with "economic /social justice" issues.  That theocratic rule would also apply to same-sex relationships (not just marriages), abortion, divorce, teaching Darwinian evolution in schools, banning prayer, etc...

But since we live in a representative republic (in theory, anyway), we don't make our laws submit to Biblical laws.  Sometimes they agree with the moral virtues of Christianity; sometimes they don't.  But we're not a theocracy.  On the other hand, we (as Christians) are the Church (which is an extension of Christ's rule on earth).  So, if you want to say that the Church should be caring for the sick, I'd agree with you.
And herein lies the problem.  YOU of all people want to separate the secular from the Word.  Its blasphemy, plain and simple.   You try hard to turn it back onto others, its so laughable.  “If only the unbelievers werent so lost in their queer behavior and beliefs and were consistent”. LOL you have no clue what Jesus is about.  And every time you try to assert your your secular beliefs, marginalize or minimize or critisize, which are hallmarks of your belief system, you make all Christians look bad

Jesus set the example.  Try and justify it however you want, but theres no hiding from the truth.  So dont hide, dont obfuscate and for Gods sake stop with the blasphemy from your position of leadership

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/18/group-of-hall-of-famers-demands-an-annual-salary-and-health-benefits/

Some Hall of Famers want an annual salary- and health benefits- for themselves (as members of the HOF).  Lots of things could be said, but it seems like the easiest solution is to remove those folks from the HOF.  Problem solved.
Removing a player from the HOF because they have the audacity to ask billionaires to help cover their healthcare costs that resulted from sacrificing their bodies to this league?  I thought you were a minister ... sounds pretty heartless on your part.

I have zero problem with this.  Some of these guys have bodies falling apart or are homeless as they played in an era before million-dollar contracts.  They helped pave the way for this league, owners are raking in billions and depicting some of these guys as heroes ... I don't understand your outrage at all.  

Quote: @Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
theres alot more of this as you know in the apostolic writings.  i think our religion is pretty clear on this subject of caring for the sick
Yes, it is: WE as individuals.  Not "we" as corporations (or governments).  Jesus didn't "outsource" the work of His Kingdom; He called US to do it.  Therefore, if you believe that the HOFers should be getting taken care of, YOU should be the one doing it.  You can't actually think that the Apostles saw the needs of the people... and then forced OTHER people to take care of them.  They, themselves, took it upon themselves to care for the sick.
If you think that businesses and governments ought to be obligated by the Christian faith to follow the teachings of Christ, then you can't stop just with "economic /social justice" issues.  That theocratic rule would also apply to same-sex relationships (not just marriages), abortion, divorce, teaching Darwinian evolution in schools, banning prayer, etc...

But since we live in a representative republic (in theory, anyway), we don't make our laws submit to Biblical laws.  Sometimes they agree with the moral virtues of Christianity; sometimes they don't.  But we're not a theocracy.  On the other hand, we (as Christians) are the Church (which is an extension of Christ's rule on earth).  So, if you want to say that the Church should be caring for the sick, I'd agree with you.
And herein lies the problem.  YOU of all people want to separate the secular from the Word.  Its blasphemy, plain and simple.   You try hard to turn it back onto others, its so laughable.  “If only the unbelievers werent so lost in their queer behavior and beliefs and were consistent”. LOL you have no clue what Jesus is about.  And every time you try to assert your your secular beliefs, marginalize or minimize or critisize, which are hallmarks of your belief system, you make all Christians look bad

Jesus set the example.  Try and justify it however you want, but theres no hiding from the truth.  So dont hide, dont obfuscate and for Gods sake stop with the blasphemy from your position of leadership
I have no idea what Jesus was about?  Interesting.  Why don't you tell me then.  And, while you're at it, why don't you tell me why "others" are supposed to follow some of Jesus' teachings- and not others?

Quote: @SFVikeFan said:
@pumpf said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/18/group-of-hall-of-famers-demands-an-annual-salary-and-health-benefits/

Some Hall of Famers want an annual salary- and health benefits- for themselves (as members of the HOF).  Lots of things could be said, but it seems like the easiest solution is to remove those folks from the HOF.  Problem solved.
Removing a player from the HOF because they have the audacity to ask billionaires to help cover their healthcare costs that resulted from sacrificing their bodies to this league?  I thought you were a minister ... sounds pretty heartless on your part.

I have zero problem with this.  Some of these guys have bodies falling apart or are homeless as they played in an era before million-dollar contracts.  They helped pave the way for this league, owners are raking in billions and depicting some of these guys as heroes ... I don't understand your outrage at all.  
The removing a player from the HOF was meant to be sarcasm.  I thought that it was such a ridiculous suggestion that that was self-explanatory.  Then again, I guess I say some pretty crazy things sometimes...

As for being "heartless", would it be heartless of you to turn someone away who wanted your money?  Why is it always heartless- when someone else is being asked / forced to pay the bills?  

All that being said, I've already said that the "solution" would be for the NFLPA to make this part of future negotiations.  They have a union for these things- they ought to use it.  But, do you think that it's possible that the current players are the "heartless" ones- because they probably will not be willing to give up part of their current earnings in order to pay for those who went before them?  If I were the NFL, I would be happy to include a piece of the pie for the former players... if the players were willing to meet me half-way.  In other words, I'll increase the percentage of money that goes to the players' union... if they agree that half of that percentage increase goes to former players.  According to the interweb, players are currently guaranteed 47% of NFL revenue.  Let's say I raise that to 49%... but the NFLPA has to give 1% of that increase to its former players.  What are the chances that the current players will go along with that?

[Image: agsr7idzxm65.gif]

@Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:

I have no idea what Jesus was about?  Interesting.  Why don't you tell me then.  And, while you're at it, why don't you tell me why "others" are supposed to follow some of Jesus' teachings- and not others?
Im a slow learner but i think i finally figured out why “”Christians” fail so badly in recognizing what Jesus and the Gospel are really about.  Its all there in red pumpf in the gospels.  You and many “Christians are not BROKEN.   You are good people from good families with good intentions, but until you are broken-  poor in spirit, meek, humble, peaceful,  you cannot truly know Jesus.  Its a sideline to many pumpf, imcluding you by what you profess.  Its hard to blame you.  God did not blind you on the road to damascus, he didnt appear to you in a burning bush. You dont think Moses and Saul were alpha strong leaders?  You never suffered in the garden or faced Satan alone in near starvation in the desert.  Read the red pumpf, dont be blinded to what he said by our attmept to
rarionalize out needs for pride, power, righteousness

Don't they get a pension??

@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:

Im a slow learner but i think i finally figured out why “”Christians” fail so badly in recognizing what Jesus and the Gospel are really about.  Its all there in red pumpf in the gospels.  You and many “Christians are not BROKEN.   You are good people from good families with good intentions, but until you are broken-  poor in spirit, meek, humble, peaceful,  you cannot truly know Jesus.  Its a sideline to many pumpf, imcluding you by what you profess.  Its hard to blame you.  God did not blind you on the road to damascus, he didnt appear to you in a burning bush. You dont think Moses and Saul were alpha strong leaders?  You never suffered in the garden or faced Satan alone in near starvation in the desert.  Read the red pumpf, dont be blinded to what he said by our attmept to
So what's your story Bullazin?  Your posts read as "no one reads the gospels as clearly as you do", "no one follows Christ's teaching as closely and as infallibly as you do".  Interesting that you would claim the ability to discern if others are poor in spirit, meek, humble and peaceful.  Perhaps you should remove the log from your own first... 

@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:

You seem to be under the mis-apprehension that Jesus came to save the world from their physical "problems".  He didn't.  He came to do what no one else could: satisfy the righteous Law of God, in our place, thereby making US righteous ("right with God").  ALL of the stuff that (I think) you are referencing are things that we do BECAUSE we have been made righteous / are children of God by faith.  It appears as though you consider Jesus to be another Law-Giver (only): do this... and don't do that.  In reality, He came to set us free from the Law- by enabling us to obey it out of love for God, rather than obligation.  Jesus was not the original SJW.  He was the one and only LOG (Lamb of God).  

We can have a discussion about what Christians ought to do to help their neighbors- and what role "others" have in that responsibility.  But unless you recognize that Jesus came to save sinners- of whom I am the worst- you will never "get" Him.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:
@pumpf said:
@Bullazin said:

So what's your story Bullazin?  Your posts read as "no one reads the gospels as clearly as you do", "no one follows Christ's teaching as closely and as infallibly as you do".  Interesting that you would claim the ability to discern if others are poor in spirit, meek, humble and peaceful.  Perhaps you should remove the log from your own first... 
im just a voice ID.  i dont get paid a dime to share my beliefs.  i dont need a following or fame or even one “like” , because despite all my sins and failures, ive been broken in spirit and to me its the only way to live my faith. 

Edit: All manner of atrocity has been and still is committed in the name of Christianity.  To me an atrocity is the failure of christians or christian leaders to live and profess a christlike manner.  In blurring the focus away from the gospel and encouraging behavoirs and that have nothing to do with how christ lived such as violence, wealth accumulation, self importance  and class condemnation is blasphemous