Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rhodes
does anybody have access to deeper game analytics than tackles and sacks for defenders?  I am wondering if what I think I am seeing is right.   teams dont seem to be shying away from X and he seems to be surrendering more completions and yards this year than in the past.  is something off or what?

What did he give up?  2 catches?  One was for the TD when Barr overran the tackle and let Adams cut back inside.  Adams is good, so is Rodgers.  I think our expectations may be a bit high when we think that the pass defense struggled when we gave up 281 yards and 1 TD in 5 quarters against Rodgers in GB.  I was thinking we got gashed on the run, but we gave up less than 100 yards total rushing.

My eye test says the same thing.  I wonder if he's been told to play softer?  He seems to be giving more space this year?

Quote: @greediron said:
What did he give up?  2 catches?  One was for the TD when Barr overran the tackle and let Adams cut back inside.  Adams is good, so is Rodgers.  I think our expectations may be a bit high when we think that the pass defense struggled when we gave up 281 yards and 1 TD in 5 quarters against Rodgers in GB.  I was thinking we got gashed on the run, but we gave up less than 100 yards total rushing.
seems like more than that,  thats why I asked what he has been targeted VS plays surrendered.

So Adams had 8 for 64 and a TD.  Was Rhodes on him the whole time?  Dunno for sure.  8 catches seems like too many, but GB was running lots of short routes and underneath stuff to keep Rodgers healthy.  So it seemed like lots of damage, but 8 catches for only 64 yards is pretty low on the yardage, especially against Rodgers.

So Adams had 8 for 64 and a TD.  Was Rhodes on him the whole time?  Dunno for sure.  8 catches seems like too many, but GB was running lots of short routes and underneath stuff to keep Rodgers healthy.  So it seemed like lots of damage, but 8 catches for only 64 yards is pretty low on the yardage, especially against Rodgers.
I know,  I am just thinking that he is being targeted and that didnt happen last year or the year before and when he was tested he was making plays.  ( and no I didnt miss that awesome pick last week)  I am just wondering what is going on with our shut down corner,  has his kryptonite been found?  8 for 64 is still an 8 yard average,  depending on when those 8 yard gains happen it could be a big thing or no big deal.   

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
I know,  I am just thinking that he is being targeted and that didnt happen last year or the year before and when he was tested he was making plays.  ( and no I didnt miss that awesome pick last week)  I am just wondering what is going on with our shut down corner,  has his kryptonite been found?  8 for 64 is still an 8 yard average,  depending on when those 8 yard gains happen it could be a big thing or no big deal.   
looking at some highlights, one big catch was when Rodgers had all day (no holding calls of course) and Adams worked back across to get open.  Another big one was when Sendejo got the hit to the head flag.  Rhodes was all over Adams but it was a great throw and catch.

The TD, Rhodes was playing off for some reason and Adams ran a very short out.  Rhodes had him trapped short of the goal but Barr over-pursued and let him score.

@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
looking at some highlights, one big catch was when Rodgers had all day (no holding calls of course) and Adams worked back across to get open.  Another big one was when Sendejo got the hit to the head flag.  Rhodes was all over Adams but it was a great throw and catch.

The TD, Rhodes was playing off for some reason and Adams ran a very short out.  Rhodes had him trapped short of the goal but Barr over-pursued and let him score.
I dont know that "trapped" is the word I would use,  but yes Barr did miss a tackle there,  however I dont think Rhodes makes that play no matter how Barr plays it,  he was to far off to prevent the TD, IIRC.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

I dont know that "trapped" is the word I would use,  but yes Barr did miss a tackle there,  however I dont think Rhodes makes that play no matter how Barr plays it,  he was to far off to prevent the TD, IIRC.
With Barr's help, they should have held him out of the endzone.  Rhodes played it right after the catch, waited for help. 

@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:

With Barr's help, they should have held him out of the endzone.  Rhodes played it right after the catch, waited for help. 
i dont think rhodes should have been playing as soft to begin with.  not sure why a premier defender is giving that kind of cushion that close to the endzone.