Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bad can a tie F us up in playoff seedings?
In the good old days when ties were more common, it could be very good or very bad.  Nothing like winning the division by a half game.  where i see it becom8ng really tight is when you get to the playoffs and want home field advantage all the way through. Good teams may only have 2 or 3 losses.

I dont think many had us sweeping green bay this year,  I dont usually do that even with my purple shades in full tint.  so IMO this is a half game win.   yes by the way the game played out it could be considered a loss,  but really IMO its not nearly as dire as some want to think it could be.  coming out of lambeu with a point is a good game.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I dont think many had us sweeping green bay this year,  I dont usually do that even with my purple shades in full tint.  so IMO this is a half game win.   yes by the way the game played out it could be considered a loss,  but really IMO its not nearly as dire as some want to think it could be.  coming out of lambeu with a point is a good game.
I did, Jimmy.  I thought the Vikes were going to win by 10 going into yesterday's game.  If not for the special teams (block punt and 3 missed FGs), and Treadwells's tip ball turnover, the Vikes would've stomped them.

I like the way the Vikes fought back.  The tie sucks, but it does feel better than a loss to GB.  Rodgers and the rest of the Packers feel fortunate today, I'm sure.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I did, Jimmy.  I thought the Vikes were going to win by 10 going into yesterday's game.  If not for the special teams (block punt and 3 missed FGs), and Treadwells's tip ball turnover, the Vikes would've stomped them.

I like the way the Vikes fought back.  The tie sucks, but it does feel better than a loss to GB.  Rodgers and the rest of the Packers feel fortunate today, I'm sure.
I am talking when the schedule came out.  Did you look at the schedule and say we sweep the packers?   Most that  honestly try and assess the schedule will assume we split with the packers.  yes we are the better team,  but we know that, especially in lambeau, that the better team doesnt have the ref help and will struggle.

If we can play like that the rest of the way, I'm not sure who is going to beat us.  (Not counting Special Teams, of course...)