Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No matter the outcome - Cousins
Yep!

I liked Keenum, but was happy they signed Cousins.

why we werent throwing bombs before halftime was stupid.

Quote: @comet52 said:
That td throw to Theilan was just... sick!   Now fix the kicking game and we've got a contender.
If the coaches called plays in the first half like they did in the 4th quarter we wouldn't be talking about the kicker 
Although we would probably still be talking about Treadwell 

Yep, Cousins won me over today.  He played like a leader should, and had an awesome game.

Treadwell, on the other hand, lost me.  The guy just can't catch worth a crap, and just earned himself a well deserved demotion to the bench.  He nearly lost the game.

Cousins is the best QB this team has had in ages.

cousins played crazy in the 2nd half. won me over. if we have a 3rd wr step up and a kicker step up this team will be very hard to beat.

I honestly feel for the first time since Bert, we can go into any game with a really good chance to win. Pissed as FUCK about the kicker right now, but so grateful we have Cousins. Really am. 

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
@comet52 said:
That td throw to Theilan was just... sick!   Now fix the kicking game and we've got a contender.
If the coaches called plays in the first half like they did in the 4th quarter we wouldn't be talking about the kicker 
Although we would probably still be talking about Treadwell 
If our special teams had not allowed a blocked punt for a TD, and if our kicker hits his three field goals, that's a 16 point swing, not a tie.

Diggs, Thielen react to their first NFC North battle with Cousins under center
The Minnesota Vikings’ receivers finished the day combining for 21 receptions, 259 yards and three touchdowns. With the Vikings down by eight late in the fourth quarter, quarterback Kirk Cousins hit Thielen for a 22-yard touchdown and then tied the game at 29 with a drop-in-the-bucket throw to convert the two-point try.

Following the game, Diggs and Thielen went into detail on Cousins’ performance and the wild tie in Green Bay.
Thielen on Cousins in the huddle:
”The same Kirk that we’ve seen all offseason. He’s just out there ready to play some football. There’s no situation too big for him. It goes back to giving us confidence. We know that we’re never out of a football game. We played really poorly today and we still had a chance to win it several times. We’re going to take some positives but also take some negatives out of this game too.”
Diggs on his 75-yard catch:
”It’s just the beginning of something hopefully good. Kirk’s usual, giving me a chance. We’re going to continue to work and hopefully we hit a lot more of those.”
Diggs on his and Thielen’s big late-game plays:
“Just the usual of me and Adam trying to do everything we can for the quarterback as far as making plays and when they come up, you try to make ‘em. Put the quarterback at ease that he can rely on you. Nothing new, especially coming from Adam. He’s been consistent throughout his years and we just try to lead the way, keep it going.”
Diggs on Cousins’ performance:
”Kirk always steps up to the plate and you want that, you see that. He commands the huddle, he shows what he can do each and every week…I’m happy my quarterback had a good day. He keeps working. That’s the type of guy Kirk is. Don’t get too high, don’t get too low. He’ll show you some enthusiasm, but as far as chipping away, that’s him.”
http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/0...ns-center/

Special teams gave up 16 points.... and we didn't lose. That is insane.