Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bout that Bennett roughing penalty?
I'd be pretty pissed if I was an Eagle fans...So this is what it feels like to be on the right side of one of those calls huh?

That aside, I hate how the NFL is dealing with it's crisis of health and CTE issues...

i dont have an issue with it... he had plenty of time to avoid the illegal contact but he chose to finish the hit.  we have been dinged by that call when it wasnt even contact initiated below the waist.

The Bennett call was horseshit, as was the Sendejo call. The only "good" thing about it (if you can call it that) is that it's happening all around the NFL to all teams...over time it will even out, but it will cost teams games...already has.  

To piggyback off of Maroon, those were 'reputation' calls. Both players have a history so we're called for things that simply were not penalties.

What I didn't like about the call was Bennett didn't "rough" anyone.  He got to the QB and tackeled him; that's his job.  Yeah, he was below the waist, but because Bennett was pretty much on the ground, around the knees was the only place he could grab Cousins.  Was the correct thing to do is not attempt sacking Cousins until he stood up again?

I did like that the penalty helped us, but it seemed to me like a horribly bad call.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
The Bennett call was horseshit, as was the Sendejo call. The only "good" thing about it (if you can call it that) is that it's happening all around the NFL to all teams...over time it will even out, but it will cost teams games...already has.  
Yep, that Sendejo call was a makeup call IMO.  The Bennett call was about as bad as it gets.  Started mid thigh and slipped down to a gentle tackle around the legs.  At first, with it being bennett, I thought maybe he twisted or did something cheap to draw the flag.  But no, he just forgot to put the pillow down before gently laying the QB on the ground.

The Bennett call was bullshit, plain and simple.  I was in our chat room yesterday thinking of how it would have exploded if that call had gone against one of the Vikes. 

Dejo's call could have gone either way, it was helmet to helmet so I wasn't surprised it was called.

They were pissed and they booed like crazy. It was kind of lame but that's how they are calling it now. Same goes for the call on Dejo. Both Dejo and Bennett have reputations now though. It seems like the league feels more comfortable calling them on players with priors. 

Good call...  B) 

The call was good as was the Matthews call that negated the int.  If you want to argue the rule is bad, so be it, but you shouldn't expect refs to "legislate from the bench." I actually feel that this year, the refs are doing a better job than usual about being consistent.  These calls are affecting the league darlings as much as the afterthoughts.