Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tailgate?
Season’s almost here and I haven’t been around and missed training camp(first time in years) so perhaps I missed it but I’m wondering if there are any plans for a VikeFans tailgate this season?  

nothing has been set or even discussed as far as I know.   I have a busy fall on tap so I am not sure how available I will be,  but its certainly open to others to step up and take the reigns.  I am not sure about Mikes avaialability,  he had some life changes this year and I dont know how that is affecting his free time.

Thanks Jimmy. My daughter has the opportunity to go to multiple games this year with some friends/coworkers and she was wondering if there would be a place to meet up with some of the nutjobs she’s met the last couple years for some great food and times. Right now I’ll have to tell her it’s a “no” or a “wait and see” type thing.

So actually I was supposed to post something yesterday. Nichelle reached out to me about using the spot this year and wanted to know if we narrowed down a game for this year. So if we want to do a tailgate we really should ge tthe ball rolling.

Sweet... Nichelle is an awesome lady and hopefully something can get worked out time wise...  I know I’m slammed in the beginning of September and looking at possibly an October game but as most know my schedule can change any minute, so it will be difficult to pin down a game for me.  Even if there’s no “official” tailgate I’d like to attend a game to meet up with the “training camp” crew of the past... and new folks too.  So if there’s a game that a lot of “those guys” are attending I’d aim for that one.  Not sure how many games my daughter plans on attending but she’s been bugging me about which one there would be a tailgate for so I had to ask.  

I was going to make it work if Pops was going to make it this year...but thats likely out of the picture now.

I'm meeting 7 high school friends (who now live all over the country -- a couple in Alaska) and we are staying in a VRBO and going to the game. I have not seen a couple of these guys since graduating high school. This is going to be great! Leaving Friday morning for MSP. Let me know of a tailgate -- somebody. . . .

Quote: @Cowskull said:
I'm meeting 7 high school friends (who now live all over the country -- a couple in Alaska) and we are staying in a VRBO and going to the game. I have not seen a couple of these guys since graduating high school. This is going to be great! Leaving Friday morning for MSP. Let me know of a tailgate -- somebody. . . .
Try PMing Nichelle, I know she has a friendly group and a great location, and have always been welcoming to outsiders.  Shes a great Vikings fan and a great gal to shoot the shit with on about anything you care to talk about.... (shes been there and done that... probably twice!)

So I've yet to go to a Viking game at Valhalla.  What game are you guys thinking of?  Maybe I'll fly into town for it and snag a ticket with my brother. 

Well let me tell ya. The weather is incredible this time of year. Go to the Buffalo game in 2 weeks, that was the one I wanted to go to but I went to The SF game...my 2nd game in "Valhalla. Last years detroit shit fest was soul crushing 1st. Sunday was surreal. It's worth a quick wkend I'll likely try for the Jets game...but the weather will start to be an issue to me if it's already cold and icey.