Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm hearing PA was laying out some big hints of Vikings OL trade today...
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Color me skeptical on what kind of offensive lineman we could trade for by giving up Sendejo or Alexander. Doesn't seem like we'd get much in return.
That's because you're thinking of them as one for one trades, which rarely happens. They would more likely be part of a package. Say Alexander and Compton and a 5th rounder for a starting guard and a 7th rounder. Just spit-balling values, but that's usually the way it happens. 
True, and another possibility is that the trade is not player for player. It's hard to find a team that has an extra offensive lineman AND need a safety, so draft picks become a form of currency. So trade Sendejo to one team for a pick, and send a pick (not necessarily the same one) to a different team. 

My bet is that, if anything, we will send a late pick for some veteran who is in danger of getting cut due to salary cap issues. If necessary, we can cut Sendejo to get some cap space back to make up for it.

The stream of oral diarrhea flowing from Paul Allen's orifice does not and will not and never did contain useful information.  It is nothing more than entertainment for anyone who loves the sound and smell of a roaring river of poop.

Trae Waynes is probably the best run support corner in the league and top flight screen destroyer. On top of that, hes one of the top man cover corners. It would take a monster trade to get him. He’s far better than most fans appreciate in my opinion. Sendejo is the likeliest I think. He has developed into a very good safety. It took a long time but he definately turned a corner. He’d have pretty high value in some schemes. More so than in ours and now that George is here he is expendable. We have great depth at the position.

I highly doubt Waynes is going anywhere.  If they are going to make a "big splash" trade I think it's going to be either Sendejo or Alexander, probably Sendejo.  Waynes is damn good to trade, Hughes can probably step into Alexander's slot spot and like others have mentioned we now have a lot of depth at safety.

with Waynes improvement and upcoming FA... can we afford to have 3 DBs making over 10 million a year?  (and a QB making nearly that himself)   I dont see it happening. 

we know that we are going to lose some damn good playes as the roster talent pool continues to get deeper,  I just hope that we can turn some of these soon to be departing talents into either premium draft picks,  or younger cheaper talent...maybe bolstering a position of need in the process.

I am not saying Waynes should be traded,  but I think we need to look at getting what we can instead of waiting it out and taking that early 4th round compensatory pick.

Cuts around the league happening already....

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Cuts around the league happening already....
Is there anything that is logging them league wide?  it would be sweet if there was a sortable spread sheet so we could see them by position.

With the deadline for the NFL’s 53-man roster cutdown looming about 24 hours away, the Minnesota Vikings are just one team with a lot of questions about who they’re going to keep on the roster and who they’re going to let go of. One of the biggest points of contention could, potentially, be the defensive backfield. Thanks to the emphasis that Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman have put on the position over the past few years, the team now has a glut of talented players at both cornerback and safety, and they likely can’t keep all of them.
One NFL insider is reporting that a potential solution for the Vikings might be trading some players away rather than releasing them, and the names might come as a bit of a surprise.
Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated is reporting that he’s heard the names of both cornerbacks Mackensie Alexander and Marcus Sherels bandied about in trade talks leading up to Saturday’s deadline.
Alexander was the Vikings’ second-round pick out of Clemson in the 2016 NFL Draft, and had an up-and-down first couple of seasons with Minnesota. He appears to be making strides in the right direction, and has finally embraced the potential of being a slot cornerback after a couple of seasons where he apparently resisted the transition a bit. The team did draft Mike Hughes in the first round of the 2018 Draft, and with the way Zimmer has raved about him throughout camp, perhaps the slot corner job now belongs to him, which would leave Alexander on the outs.
Sherels is a bit more of a surprise, in that he doesn’t offer much as a corner any longer, though he can do the job if called upon. Sherels’ primary value lies in his punt return skills, a position where he’s still one of the NFL’s best. The Vikings could, potentially, use Hughes or a wide receiver to fill the return role if Sherels were to be traded or released, and that could give them the ability to shore up the roster at another position.
I’m not sure how much there actually is to any of these trade rumors at this point. There was a report circulating around Twitter earlier in the day that Alexander had been traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a fourth-round pick, but that turned out to be false.
We’ll definitely be keeping our eyes on this and all of the other transactions that the Vikings will be making over the course of the next 24 hours or so.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
With the deadline for the NFL’s 53-man roster cutdown looming about 24 hours away, the Minnesota Vikings are just one team with a lot of questions about who they’re going to keep on the roster and who they’re going to let go of. One of the biggest points of contention could, potentially, be the defensive backfield. Thanks to the emphasis that Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman have put on the position over the past few years, the team now has a glut of talented players at both cornerback and safety, and they likely can’t keep all of them.
One NFL insider is reporting that a potential solution for the Vikings might be trading some players away rather than releasing them, and the names might come as a bit of a surprise.
Albert Breer of Sports Illustrated is reporting that he’s heard the names of both cornerbacks Mackensie Alexander and Marcus Sherels bandied about in trade talks leading up to Saturday’s deadline.
Alexander was the Vikings’ second-round pick out of Clemson in the 2016 NFL Draft, and had an up-and-down first couple of seasons with Minnesota. He appears to be making strides in the right direction, and has finally embraced the potential of being a slot cornerback after a couple of seasons where he apparently resisted the transition a bit. The team did draft Mike Hughes in the first round of the 2018 Draft, and with the way Zimmer has raved about him throughout camp, perhaps the slot corner job now belongs to him, which would leave Alexander on the outs.
Sherels is a bit more of a surprise, in that he doesn’t offer much as a corner any longer, though he can do the job if called upon. Sherels’ primary value lies in his punt return skills, a position where he’s still one of the NFL’s best. The Vikings could, potentially, use Hughes or a wide receiver to fill the return role if Sherels were to be traded or released, and that could give them the ability to shore up the roster at another position.
I’m not sure how much there actually is to any of these trade rumors at this point. There was a report circulating around Twitter earlier in the day that Alexander had been traded to the Kansas City Chiefs for a fourth-round pick, but that turned out to be false.
We’ll definitely be keeping our eyes on this and all of the other transactions that the Vikings will be making over the course of the next 24 hours or so.
this says to me they are gone if they we cant get them traded.  if they had roles on the team going forward I dont think they would be getting shopped.