Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the hell is really going on with Elflein?
Does anyone (Guru where you at!) know what the hell is really going on with Elflein? Now we trade for Brett Jones, that doesn't sound good to me... I was expecting we would sign a guard/swing lineman. Ughh, I hope we don't have to place him on PUP. I don't know why we don't draft/secure a capable O-Line?

Zimmer said he didn't think Elf would start the season on the PUP but he also isnt practicing this week either. No way he starts the season IMO, but maybe he doesn't need 6 weeks to be ready. Regardless, his lack of practice with Cousins and the rest of the line is a major concern. If Edison starts the season and plays really well, what do you do with Elf?

Well considering how Zim likes to be cryptic with the media....maybe Elf isn't going on the PUP,   maybe he is heading to IR?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
Well considering how Zim likes to be cryptic with the media....maybe Elf isn't going on the PUP,   maybe he is heading to IR?
Maybe this move to trade for  Jones was  just a way  to improve depth on the off line with a good  player and elf will be back soon

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Maybe this move to trade for  Jones was  just a way  to improve depth on the off line with a good  player and elf will be back soon
Maybe.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
This is how I feel. There's history here. 
Getting close, then not there yet, finally IR.

Good moves to get Edison and this new guy. Elf will be sorely missed thiugh especially in the run game

From a sidebar link....

While nothing is official, a source said it’s “not realistic” center Pat Elflein will play in the Sept. 9 opener against San Francisco. Elflein has not played or practiced since the Jan. 21 NFC championship game. He had ankle and shoulder surgeries during the offseason, and the primary issue now is his shoulder. The source said the Vikings are exercising “extreme caution” with Elflein and there remains optimism he will be fine at some point early in the season.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
From a sidebar link....

While nothing is official, a source said it’s “not realistic” center Pat Elflein will play in the Sept. 9 opener against San Francisco. Elflein has not played or practiced since the Jan. 21 NFC championship game. He had ankle and shoulder surgeries during the offseason, and the primary issue now is his shoulder. The source said the Vikings are exercising “extreme caution” with Elflein and there remains optimism he will be fine at some point early in the season.
No way he plays in the opener. But if he's close to returning, I'm fine with it. He's an important part of that line, I'll take him back in Week 3 if that's what it takes. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
From a sidebar link....

No way he plays in the opener. But if he's close to returning, I'm fine with it. He's an important part of that line, I'll take him back in Week 3 if that's what it takes. 
its not ideal to carry an injured player on the 53,  but if we have to do it IMO the start of the season is the time as everybody should be about as healthy as they can be,  and its not like we are going to find any decent players on cut day with the Vikes being so far down the waiver ranks,   I have to think that with 28 teams ahead of us to sort through the cuts that we will be best served to add players via trade prior to them getting released.